Monday, June 9, 2014

May Tidbits

May was a super fun month for us. It's so nice that we are in Spring and Summer and can do more things outside with the boys now. May is a big month of events for our family, first was Steven's birthday party and of course our trip to Chicago and our 5 year anniversary, Memorial Day, Mother's day and my mom's birthday, whew!

We had such a great time on our Chicago trip. I hope we get to go back sometime soon!
Such a fun trip!
Some other fun stuff, Steve took Steven to an arena football game near us and they had a blast. He said he ran around like crazy but I think it was so neat that they could share that. I know Steve is eager to talk to Steven about sports and all of his other passions.



Steve also took Willow, Steven and a bunch of other kids to the Renaissance Faire. They had a great time, of course he only took one picture. A throne of swords I think this is?


I'm not sure if I mentioned in April or not but Steve started a new job. He now works at Graybar as a web developer. It's a lot closer to our house and he hopes to get the opportunity to program on new technologies. They seem to like him there and he likes it so far so that's good!

I also got a promotion recently which was awesome. I had been wanting to move up for a long time so this was great news! I'm still with Employee Education System at the VA but now I'm a Management Analyst. I actually moved to a new office on the 3rd floor of our building as well, so lots of changes for me at work this month!

Woot!
Big news for Steven this month as well. We put together the bunk bed we got for him from Ikea. He LOVES it! Days after Steve got them up, he kept saying "Thank you for getting this bed for me!" It's so cute. At first he was kind of shaky on the ladder but he was determined to get it down and after only a few days of practicing he can go up and down by himself. He is so proud of that and we are proud of him.


Happy as a clam.

I had a lot of fun with my friend Jenn this month. We went to see the Chippendale's and it was awesome. We had a blast!

You're jelly.


Me Lindsey and Jenn

Jenn and I also took a painting class. It was through Wine and Canvas that we got on Groupon. We had a really good time! It was at a nice place called the Lakehouse, which seemed like they had a good menu. We should go eat there sometime. But we had fun. I'm not the best painter but I always have a good time trying. I stole this picture from their FB page! ha!
 
 
Steven had his 3 year doctor's checkup and I decided to take him for a little mommy time. I took off work one morning and we made a little half day of it. He was really excited to get to spend time with me. I love him so much!
Cheese!
We went to breakfast. I let him choose and he picked McDonalds. Fine by me. They had spider man toys there and OMG he lost it. He is so obsessed with super heroes lately. It was pretty cute.
 
He wanted ALL the toys!
We also had my side of the family over for a Memorial Day BBQ. It was really great that they could make it, Cindy even came from Kansas. Kris and Zach brought Miss Emelia and it was so nice to be able to see her. She's only about a month older than Logan so they are so cute together. Steven was psyched for babies! ha ha

Steven wanted Emelia's headband...lol


Lots of babies!
So lots and lots of fun stuff for us this May. It was a busy month!




No comments:

Post a Comment