Tuesday, September 7, 2010

6 Weeks Prego!

So we went to the OB last Friday in order to make it "official". And he agrees...we are definitely pregnant! He said he would normally run blood tests but he wanted to try a sonogram just in case. And there he was, our little peanut! Right there on the screen! The doctor even turned on the sound and we heard his little heartbeat! I can't believe it. I think both Steve and my jaws dropped. We were both like, "No way!". Dr. Forsetter is so sweet, he was just as excited as we are. He said I am 6 weeks pregnant and everything looks great. How exciting!!!

We even got to take home a picture of our little bambino! Can you believe it??

Since we had the official confirmation from the doctor, we decided to tell our parents. Its so hard to not scream it at the top of your lungs! But we wanted to wait to tell extended family, friends, etc. just in case. It was so heartbreaking last time to go through the excitement of telling people to the dissapointment of having to tell them we lost the baby just a few days later. So this time we are playing it safe. And praying like crazy! Its so funny how something you just discovered you had can become the most important thing in your life. The doctor said everything looks great and the baby, so far, is healthy. He also reassured us that the chances of miscarriage after hearing a heartbeat are greatly reduced. I just hope he is right!

So this week I am feeling like crud. I am so tired during the day and have an upset stomach most of the day. I am nausceous all the time and have to keep eating constantly to keep the nausea at bay. I haven't had to take the plunge to full throwing up...yet. I did have a close call this weekend while driving with Steve. Driving in the car seems to be the worst for getting me feeling all yucky and pukey. Food is also staring to take on a life of its own. I can be super hungry, get started on cooking something and be completely excited about it but by the time I'm done it makes me want to barf to think about eating some. It really sucks. Especially since eating seems to be the only thing that makes my tummy feel a little better. Just thinking about some foods gets my gag reflex going. Like this weekend, we went to 2 different barbeques and all that food that I used to love to eat makes me want to run for the bathroom now! I tried to choke down a hot dog at my cousin's engagement shower so no one would be suspicious. I did have to turn down beer/wine about 3 times so I'm sure they are all suspicious already.

This past weekend was Labor Day weekend and man, was I greatful for the extra down time. We had a wedding and a family bbq but other than that I pretty much laid on the counch or slept the entire weekend. I didn't go to 2 other bbqs because I was feeling so tired and run down. I slept about 9 hours each night and take a 2 to 3 hour nap each day! This baby is wearing me out! And he's not even born yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment