Thursday, September 23, 2010

8 Weeks...8 is not so great

Eight weeks pregnant and lots been going wrong. :( Its been a rough week for me and my pregnant self. First of all we had another doctor's appointment on Friday where he had said he wanted to do my yearly exam and the baseline bloodwork, etc. Well our lovely doctor moved offices last week and it was chaos at his new place. They couldn't find my chart (and never did before I left). Then the nurse had no idea what she was doing or what I was there for. Then we had to wait 45 minutes in that tiny room and Steve was climbing the walls. We never have to wait and that seems like a long time to have to start waiting. So our lovely doctor finally comes in to save the day, but he has no idea what he's doing either! He can't find us in the computer and doesn't have our paper chart. So he does a sonogram and we get to see the baby again, which by the way is growing so quickly! Then he tries to race out of the room and I am like aren't you going to do an exam? He was confused and said, Oh I can't do one now. Well great! Glad we wasted our morning. Geez. Then Steve and I have some questions for him and he's in a hurry. We did manage to ask him one question, "How long should we wait to tell people?" and I couldn't believe his response. He said, "What are you now about 10, 11 weeks?" Um excuse me? Aren't you the doctor? And didn't you just look at my 8 week old fetus??? OMG I almost lost it on him.
So then I went to the lab to get my bloodwork and they had no idea who I was or why I was there. It was just awful. So now we get to come back in a month and try it again. I hope they are more organized this time. They are going to make a pregnant lady go crazy!

Other than that week 8 has been mostly just more tired, nauseous and feeling yucky. I have started to develop that gross taste in my mouth which is awesome. I also caught this nasty virus and have been really sick for the past few days. Its been awful being pregnant (already tired and cranky) and now sick and feeling really yucky all the time. Plus, I've started full throttle throwing up now. It sucks. Let. Me. Tell. You. Ugh. Every time I brush my teeth in the morning its time to gag and vomit. Gross, gross, gross. So this past week hasn't been so glamorous...LOL

Anyways, our little baby is growing like crazy now. Just look at him go!

This week he's been developing his little hands and feet and breathing tubes are developing from his throat to the branches in his lungs. So exciting! You go big guy. I'm trying to eat something and keep it down for you, but its hard this week!

Exciting Moment of the Week: Getting to see you with your little arms and legs waving all over the place at the doctor's appointment. You are starting to really look like a baby now and not just a blob.

What I am Missing this Week: Sleep!! Big time! Its so hard to sleep when you are sick and stuffy nose, etc, etc. I stayed home from work to try to get better but I guess its harder to get better with this baby and not taking any medications. I'm hoping to rest this weekend and get back to normal soon!

Symptoms this Week: Like I said lots of barfing and nasty mouth stuff going on. Still having the soreness of the boobs and all that other jazz but this week the nausea has definitely stepped it up. :(

Obsessions this Week: Just trying to survive, honestly. I haven't had much time to think or do anything so staying alive and trying to keep some food down has been my goal.

Message to Our New Baby: We are so excited to meet you! We hope you are doing ok, even though I can't seem to keep anything down for you lately. I hope you aren't feeling as yucky and sick as I am. We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment