Sunday, June 26, 2011

2 Years Together

A few weekends ago was our 2 year wedding anniversary. (I'm so behind on blogging, please forgive me!) Its so hard to believe that Steve and I have been married for 2 years already! It really seems like not that long ago that we were getting married, but at the same time it kind of seems like we've been married forever. Here we are on that happiest day of our lives...

To celebrate our anniversary we wanted to keep it low key since we haven't ever left Baby Steven with anyone and really haven't been away from him since he was born. Both of our parents offered to babysit which was so generous. We thought we weren't going to do anything at all but at the last minute decided to go out to dinner. I'm really glad that we went, although it was kind of hard leaving him for the first time. Of course we completely trust our parents, but I think it was just that it was the a short time. (Mostly for my sanity!:) But it is important for us to celebrate our relationship, so I am really glad that we did it.

We went out to dinner and it was really nice. It was nice that it was just the two of us. We had a great dinner together and reminisced about how we met, when we were dating and our wedding. It was actually really fun talking about those memories. Of course we talked about the baby! We got a chance to really talk about how our lives have changed since he came along and also how our relationship is changing. I think it was really good for us to be able to talk about that stuff.

We agreed not to get each other anything, but of course Steve didn't follow that. He brought me home some beautiful flowers which was a total surprise! They were some gorgeous red roses and also some calla lilies. Steve said that he remembered the calla lilies from my wedding bouquet. I was really impressed he remembered that! What a sweet heart!

I have really been blessed over the past two years by my relationship with Steve and I feel very lucky to have him. We both agree that we have grown a lot in our time together and I think we will continue to grow. He's a great guy who loves me and takes care of me and I feel really grateful to have such an amazing husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment