Monday, April 2, 2012

Weight Watchers Update - 1 Week till Goal Time

We haven't had a WW update in a while so I thought I'd check in. I've been on the program now for 2 months! Hard to believe its been that long. Its been a learning experience and a struggle for sure. But I've lost 8lbs so far! So yay! I have another week to my first short term goal of losing 10lbs in 2 months so I'm hoping that I can meet that goal Friday.

Changing my diet has been really hard for me. After all, its bad eating habits that got me here, right? I have been able to change my habits during the week and have been eating pretty well at work and in the evenings. I eat a good breakfast and a decent lunch (most days) and make some yummy WW things for dinner usually. I've tried a lot of great recipes on WW. Its great how they have so many recipes and resources for recipes. I haven't really had to adjust my cooking that much, just mostly including more veggies, less carbs and eating smaller portions. But I'm still able to cook all my favorite things, tacos, chili, lasagna, etc. Speak of which, here are some awesome recipes I've tried since my last post:

Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tex Mex Chicken

Beef and Vegetable Casserole

Mini Italian Meatloves with Penne and Sauteed Zucchini

Cheesy ChiliMac

Cheesy Chicken Shells

When I first started I had a lot of momentum and was really committed. Since then, I've lost a little momentum and I've had some bad slacking off days for sure. It just seems like life gets in the way sometimes, eating wise and exercise wise. Also, I feel myself fighting (with myself) pretty often lately. I need to get in control! I've also been slacking on working out which I need to get better about.

But anyway, taking a note from my good friend, Jenn, lets focus on the positives!

So, 8 weeks in and:
  • I'm down 8lbs, which averages out to 1lb/week, that's a decent weight loss
  • I have been getting exercise most days, either taking a walk or going to the gym
  • My clothes are definitely getting too big, a few pairs of pants had to be retired already because they are way too big
  • Clothes one size smaller are actually starting to fit
  • I've increased my fruit/veggie intake by a lot
  • I'm learning to cook better and make better food choices
So that's a lot of things going well! Wish me luck. Lets hope I can get my rear in gear this week and lose 2lbs to meet my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment