Friday, March 30, 2012

Hunger Games Movie Premiere

You may remember I read the Hunger Games trilogy last year. It was awesome. Its my favorite book series I've read in a long time and probably right up there for favorite books.  The first book The Hunger Games was made into a movie and it came out last weekend.


I acted like a crazy teenager and stayed up till midnight the Thursday before the movie came out to see one of the first showings. I've actually never been to a movie "premiere" like that before, can you believe it? I was pretty excited and giddy like a middle schooler...which was a good thing because 99% of the people in the theater with us were middle school girls. Awesome. I haven't that old in a long time...side note, it was pretty amusing to see all the mini vans lined up outside the theater at 2am for their parents to pick them up. But moving on....

The movie was AWESOME!!! So awesome. Like unbelievably awesome. It was so great to see a book that I was so passionate about made into a movie. Since the book is set in a futuristic world it was neat to see how that could come to life. Also, the casting was amazing. Really great actors were cast in all the supporting roles as well as the main characters.

It was also neat to see the differences between the movie and the book. It was fun to see how the writer and director worked in a lot of the back story and internal monologue into the movie. Here is a great article that discusses the differences between the book and movie. Even though the movie took a different direction on a couple of things, I really enjoyed it. I cried, a lot (of course). But OMG I want to see it again! And I can't wait to see what the do for the next movies.

When THG (see, how trendy I am?) came out, it exploded! Sort of like Twilight. THG has been everywhere lately!! Its sort of annoying but at the same time I'm ok with it for 2 reasons. Number 1, I read the book before they were cool, and Number 2 I'm glad so many other people are getting to enjoy this book series!

So what did you think about the book? About the movie? I definitely think this is a case where its worthwhile to read the book and see the movie. Mostly because the book explains in more detail the story in the movie and has a slightly different take than the movie. So read it and go see it! :) Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment