Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First Birthday Party Inspiration

I really can't believe that I'm planning a first birthday party! It seems wayyyyy to early to be doing such a thing but my baby boy will be 1 in less than 2 months! UGH. Time goes by too fast when you have kids, its so true. But practically, I am in need of a place to organize all of my thoughts/ideas/plans for his party so I thought I'd do it here. Why not?

I've been all over the place about a theme. Its hard because Steven really isn't "into" anything yet. I mean he likes animals and music but those aren't really specific themese. I think this first party will be mommy's choice :) And we will save those things for themes for upcoming years parties when his tastes will be more obvious. So for now I think I settled on a pinwheel theme with green/blue colors.

We are going to have a backyard BBQ so it will just be really fun, casual and bright! I hope the pinwheel theme will display that. I think it will! And I'm excited. I don't think its super cheesy and kind of creative. Hopefully it will turn out as great as it looks in my head..ha ha!

I love everything about this party. Yes, please. If I had $200-$300 to spend on decorations I'd order all this stuff.



I also love her invitations, but again too expensive. Aren't they gorgeous?!


Ok now back to reality. I think I can DIY some of the things from this party above and make our party pretty neat! I'm pretty sure I can make pinwheels. Luckily the internet has a ton of instructions for how to make them here here and here. Woo hoo!

I think it would be fun to have a pinwheel wreath great guests as they enter our house. I think I can make this wreath (especially since there are instructions here ;) I'll do it with blue/green paper.


I know I'm going to DIY a brithday banner for sure. I really want to display the monthly photos we've been taking and I think I can handle making something like this. Where to hang it, I'm not sure....

 
I don't think I'll make a table runner but I think I will make some of these for decorations to have around. There's instructions here



Here are some printables I was thinking I might use:

http://www.drawpilgrim.com/category/birthday-month-2010/

http://www.dimpleprints.com/2011/05/07/pinwheel-party-inspiration-board/


Ok is that enough randomness! Lets get this party (planning) started!!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute theme! I love the colors and the pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete