Monday, November 1, 2010

Camera Drama

I need to vent. I am having some major camera issues and it really makes me super mad! What the heck, camera? When I need you the most you poop out on me? Why!?! The camera I have is Nikon Coolpix (purple) and its been great for probably about 3 years now. But over the past few months its really been acting crazy! First it started turning off whenever it wanted to and not turning on all the time...then the lens wouldn't open all the time and I would get "Lens Error" whenever I tried to take pictures. Now, its doing the weirdest thing of all! Its hard to explain so let me give an example:

Last weekend we went to Steve's cousin's wedding and on our way there, I cleared the memory card on the camera. (Delete all!) During the wedding and reception I took a ton of pictures and wanted to post them on here, but the next day when I go to turn on the camera there are no pictures from the wedding. Instead, there's pictures from earlier this year. A few from February, some from August...What the heck!?!

I really don't understand how the camera can recover deleted pictures and delete pictures I just took! It is so frustrating!!

So I need a new camera. If we don't get one for Christmas, we will have to buy one soon after that. I'm not having that stuff happening to my baby pictures! So at first I thought I wanted a DSLR but I'm thinking maybe, more in the budget would just be a better point and shoot. Just something that takes good quality pictures and isn't too difficult to operate. Doesn't sound too difficult right? I am hoping that there will be some good deals online for Black Friday or Cyber Monday that we can take advantage of because we certainly don't have $400 to drop on a camera right now. Boo for broken cameras :(

Oh and I'll let you know if the "lost" pictures ever reappear...

No comments:

Post a Comment