Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My First Day Back

First day back to work after maternity leave and....I survived! I'm not gonna lie, it was kind of rough. Who would want to leave this face?


The worst part was the morning.  I was cuddling that sweet baby boy all morning because I knew I had to leave him. It felt like I didn't get any time with him at all and then he was gone to Grandma's. Handing him over really, really sucked. I felt really sad, but I didn't cry! (Kind of proud of myself, there). Getting to work wasn't super fun either because, well, who likes to work!?! But once I was there and my coworkers started showing up it wasn't so bad. Some of the people I work with are really awesome. Its nice to have people you actually like to be around to work with. A lot of them stopped in to say "hi" and "welcome back" so that was really sweet. I even got a few hugs!


My officemate, Kim, made me a welcome back sign and some cupcakes! Isn't she so sweet?!


My coworkers even ordered pizza for me for lunch. So that was super sweet and made me feel very welcomed. It also helped me forget about missing Steven.

But at the end of the day when I got Steven back, it was awesome! I missed that sweet, baby boy! I was worried about how he would do because I had only left him for short spurts and he was always really fussy. But of course, he was fine. And in the end I was fine too. So here's to hoping it continues to improve. Onto day 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment