Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tidbits


I haven't been blogging as much lately, did you notice? That's for 2 reasons that just so happened to occur at the exact same time. We got an upgrade to our computers at work and blogger isn't working anymore...not that I ever blog at work! And number 2, Steve has been hogging the computer at home every single night...playing some stupid computer game. Womp womp...So here are some tidbits and updates on what has been going on with me.
 
-Work has been sucking big time lately. Its so BORING!! Also some stupid drama has been happening that gets me down. Why can't life just be fair and things work out the way I want them to?? 
 
-We had Steve's family over one night last week when our niece, Willow, was in town. It was so fun! Steven and Willow are so cute together. It was really great to have everyone over. She's getting ridiculously big. She's going to be 4 this summer and I swear she's 4 going on 14. Ridic!
 
-This past weekend, Memorial Day weekend, Steve and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary! I can't really believe its been 3 years since we got married! It seems like its gone by so fast, but at the same time it feels like we've been married forever. Crazy! 
 
-To celebrate our anniversary, we went to the Cardinal's game. Steve got us all inclusive tickets, which would have been awesome but this weather lately has been so HOT! It was almost 100 degrees the day of the game! We were pretty hot the entire time and our seats were in direct sunlight, so we just stayed in the shade mostly and left early. Oh well! It was fun to spend a day together.
 
-I've been doing actually pretty well on my trying to eat better/exercise/lose weight. I don't know if I've actually lost any lbs because I stopped weighing myself a few weeks ago. It was just depressing and upsetting to me everytime when I didn't lose so I stopped. I will probably weigh myself again at some point soon, but I can't give official numbers right now. I do, however, know this: I worked out like a beast last week, doing 5 days a week at the gym and 2 more times of home workouts. I did really well eating and tracked my food everyday. (This weekend at the Cardinals game, I didn't so so well.) I have more and more clothes every week that are too big for me. I tried on some clothes at a store I normally shop at (the LOFT) and found that my normal size Large tops were too big!! I actually purchased a few size Medium tops! And I haven't been a consistent size Medium top since probably high school. So I know I'm making some progress! Yay! My new strategy is to just keep on keeping on, trying to make good food decisions and try to work out as much as I can.
 
-I started playing on a new volleyball league last week. I put my name in as a sub at a league by my house and a team called me! I was beyond nervous, not having played in almost 2 years, but it was really fun! And I didn't suck any more than I used to ;)

-Steve starts his internship at Monsanto next week...Thank GOD! I am beyond excited about this opportunity for him and I hope for him and our family that it pans out!! He has been laid off for a majority of the last 3 years and it has not been easy! OMG...but seeing him going back to work full time is going to be awesome! I'm so excited! It can only mean good things for our future! :)
 
-This past weekend we celebrated Mother's day and my mom's birthday by having my parents over for a nice dinner. We were supposed to go to the winery but with highs near 100 degrees that wasn't happening. Even though our plans changed, it was so nice to have them over! I love spending time with them. I'm so lucky to have such a great mom and I'm thankful to have her in my life!
 
So that's a quick catch up of what I've been up to lately...sorry for the blog silence but like I said, I'm working with limited computer access here :) What have you been up to lately? PS A big photo dump to come and also a blog on Steven's birthday party...where's that been? Sigh, lots of catching up to do. Hope everyone has a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment