Friday, April 12, 2013

2nd Time Around - 15 Weeks

Well updates are going to be sporadic looks like. I have some stuff to say at 15 week so here we go. I almost can't believe that I'm 4 months pregnant already. It's crazy how fast its going this time.

I finally got some relief from that horrible rash I've had. Thank GOD. It went away with the steroids and now I just have normal dry skin going on. I had that last pregnancy too so I just make sure to put extra lotion on, it can get itchy but its not horrible. Poor Steve has to do my back in the mornings. I tell him, "It's just another day at the beach!". ha ha!

In other good news I got a chance to play volleyball this week for my old team I played with last summer. It was actually on their indoor league and it was a double header! I had a lot of fun! I was nervous I wouldn't be able to keep up or would get too tired but I had no problems. I just sat down between games and drank water and I was totally fine. I had so much fun doing it too. It felt good to play again! They asked if I'd play a sand league starting in a few weeks and I think I'm going to try to play. It will be on Thursday nights, which means I can sleep in sometimes the day after so that will help. It would put me up to about 7 months pregnant when the league is over so we will see how that goes. Hopefully it will be fine!

In other good news I found a maternity swimsuit that I really like. I got one at Target, actually my awesome dad got it for me. He's so sweet. I got this one:
It's really cute on and its very comfy with room to grow. Its got that maternity panel underneath so that will stretch. The swimsuit overlay is loose too which is good. I tried on some tankinis but I was just worried that my belly would start to stick out the bottom as it gets bigger and I wasn't down with that. I signed Steven up for swim lessons later this summer and the parents have to swim too so I'll need it for that. I'm glad to have found something that wasn't skin tight and will hopefully work all summer. (yay Target!)

Speaking of summer, man that is a sucky time to be pregnant. I thought about it when we were trying to get pregnant but I just thought it would be sucky because of the heat and I'd get through it (like my mom did, love you) and be ok. But really summer is like such a fun time and I'm realizing all the fun stuff I will miss out on being pregnant. Like baseball games (ok I could go but drinking is half the fun), happy hours on patios with friends (again drinking makes it much more fun), BBQs with friends (again more drinking). Wait I'm sensing a theme here...I miss drinking, specifically summer drinking! Wah. ha ha! I know I'm whining but I really don't remember missing drinking that much last time. Last weekend we had some gorgeous weather and we were outside on our porch and I really could have used a cold beer. Sigh. Oh well. The only consolation is that my wonderful hubby is not drinking either. Strength in numbers!

I got out my old maternity clothes this week to go through them. Well bad news...they are HUGE, like way too big for me since I've lost weight. I guess that's also good news but now I have to buy new clothes (yay for shopping, boo for spending money). I kept most of them because I don't know how big I will get this time (hopefully not THAT big) but I thought it was smart to keep them. In other good news, I got out my regular summer clothes from last year and those actually fit due to the weight I lost. So yay?! ha ha! I'm going shopping with my mom, aunt and cousin in a few weeks so that should be really fun and hopefully I can pick up some things.

In related news I haven't gained any weight yet...I think that's a good thing. Everything online says I should have gained 5lbs by now but I think my OB only wants me to gain 15-20 lbs total this time so the longer I can put off gaining the better probably!

We got back for another ultrasound next Friday and we may be able to find out the sex at that appointment. I.cannot.wait!! Stay tuned!!

3 comments:

  1. That's cute your dad got the suit for you :) I re,ember r summer pregnancy with Brady oh man, I was huge lol! Hopefully it won't be too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss drinking with you this summer too... but there's always next summer and the summer after that and after that :) Sometime in May I should come over and we'll have a mocktail party and we can pretend together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Mocktails are in order for sure!

    ReplyDelete