Monday, May 6, 2013

Back to Basics

The next day was Saturday, which was Steven's birthday. I was super crabby waking up and super tired. Luckily Big Steve was home and let me sleep in a bit. It was hard to be mad at the birthday boy though. I told Big Steve that we are putting our boy back into the crib tonight! I was not having any more of this up all night business and definitely not for another whole WEEK before we leave for our trip. Big Steve said he was ok with that decision since I had been bearing the brunt of the sleep training (ie he was snoozing away in our room while I'm dealing with the screaming baby all night...hmm sounds familiar...Lol)

So we had the party that day (post to come) and wore him out good. He went down for his nap in the crib no problem but he was exhausted. He woke up super mad. I don't know if it was from too much partying or because he was in the crib. I was nervous about hit but I put him down in the crib at bedtime and guess what, folks? He didn't make a PEEP. He went right to sleep and slept 10 1/2 hours straight. GLORIOUS!

So. we are rewinding a bit. I put him down for nap in his crib Sunday as well and didn't have a problem. Sunday night he sleeps at Grandma Riegerix's house and I told her to just do what she does over there. Hopefully we won't have any issues Monday night. And we will try this big boy thing again later this summer (when I originally planned it! ha!).

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Sounds like after your trip will be a much better time anyway :)

    ReplyDelete