Thursday, May 30, 2013

Steven's Big Boy Room: Ideas and Inspirations

Ideas for Steven's big boy room have been swirling around in my head (and on my Pinterest page) for a while now. Steven really loves trucks. He especially loves construction type trucks like diggers and dump trucks. I thought doing a construction theme for his room would be really fun.

We still have some of Steve's stuff from his construction days so I thought I'd start a costume bin with that stuff. We have Steve's hard hat, tool belt and a construction shirt. My parents also bought him super hero cape, pirate costume and a few other things to get the dress up bin started. Steven is going to love that.

Another thing I want to do is put some pictures of trucks on the wall. Something like these:
I hoping Jordan can help me make them because they aren't cheap to buy!

We got
Steven a workbench with all the toys for his birthday. He played with one at Jake's house one time and loved it. I think that will be a big hit and fit in with his big boy room nicely.
I want to make something for over his bed. I think letters with his name on them would be cool. Something like these:

 
My parents already jumped on the idea and bought us these cute decals for his room. I was thinking he can help me decide where to put them and I'm excited to get them on the walls.
 
 
So far that's all I've got. I was hoping Steven's grandma Riegerix will make something but I'm not sure what just yet. We have some sheets that my parents bought with cars on them so that will be cute too. Steve and I need to paint in there and clean it up. Hoping to get to that soon and I'll post progress when we have some! 


1 comment:

  1. It seems like the canvases you posted you could almost cut shapes out of construction paper and glue them to a canvas... if you could find outlines or something online... idk if that makes sense, but in my head it's working.

    ReplyDelete