Thursday, July 11, 2013

Happy Fourth of July!

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July this year. We have been having some unseasonably cool tempertures last week so the weather was just perfect for Fourth of July. It was warm during the day and nice and cool in the evening. Perfect weather!

We weren't sure what we would do for Fourth of July this year till almost the last minute but our good friends the Elders invited us over to their house to BBQ and go watch fireworks. If you recall, they just had a beautiful baby 2 months ago so I was super excited to see all of them and get some baby cuddles in too. Steven loves to play with their son Jake as well so it worked out great!


We went out to their house in Festus and made dinner. We had sliders off the grill which I've never had before but they were really yummy. Julie and I made some fruit, salad and she and Jake made us a snickerdoodle cake which was awesome. Delicious!

After dinner we went out to Heculanium to watch the fireworks there. It was really fun! Like I said the weather was perfect. The boys had fun playing and there was a band so Steven got to show off some of his dance moves. Look at our babies!


The fireworks show didn't come on till late probably near 10pm. I was worried about a tired boy/crabby monster meltdown but Steven did pretty good. I think they were both pretty tired by the time the fireworks were over though so we got out of their quickly!



So our Fourth of July was really great this year! I hope everyone else's was as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment