Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weekend Recap

Finally caught up! Last weekend was a lot of fun and also pretty crazy. I got to spend some time with friends, we got some house stuff done and celebrated Father's Day.
 
On Friday I got to spend time with two of my good friends. Friday for dinner I got together with Julie and her friends for her 30th birthday! Can you believe we are both 30 now? Crazy.
 
Julie has some really sweet friends and they all have kiddos so that was nice to talk to them. Two of the couples I sat by have 2 boys so that was interesting hearing their stories...(I'm scared).
 
 
I had to leave a little early because I had plans to meet my other good friend, Jenn for an art class. We signed up for a class at the South Broadway Art Project.  It ended up just being us two and the instructor for the class which was nice. I definitely need more intense help in the art dept so it was good. lol Jenn and I always have fun at those classes and I think its a fun, different thing to do. Here are our masterpieces:
 

Jen made the flower and I did a fern (you knew it was a fern, right?)
 
 Saturday we worked on stuff for the house all day. Steve has been working really hard on the carport, getting the paint on the floor all scraped up first. Then he repainted it and sealed it (with like 57 coats and 57 trips to Home Depot). I don't have any pictures of that but I assure you its not that interesting to look at.
 
Saturday evening we did go over to the Riegerix's for Father's Day. They had a busy day so it was just casual. Matt, Ruty, and Eli are in town now because Ruty's going to deliver her baby in the next month! That's exciting. Steven really loves to play with Eli too.
 
Sunday was Father's Day. Steve just wanted to hang out with Steven and since everything is closed early Sunday morning we just took him to the mall to run around. He had a blast. He's such a cutie.
 
Sunday afternoon we went to my parent's for BBQ. It was really nice to hang out with them. My Aunt Jan was there too so that was good to visit with her. Don't the daddy's look so stylish with all their spring colors?  
The kid is kinda cute too. ;)
I made a special dessert for my dad, key lime pie parfaits. I saw the recipe on Pinterest and thought my dad would really like them. They were pretty easy to make and very good. My dad even commented they were very good so that's a win! I would have made Steve a special dessert but he hasn't been eating sweets and he didn't want me to make him anything tempting.
 
We had a good visit with them though. Steven loves being over there and it was great weather. Happy Father's Day to all the daddies. I hope everyone had as good of a Father's Day as we did.

1 comment:

  1. I had a lot of fun at that class - we'll have to do it again :)

    ReplyDelete