Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weekend Recap - A few weekends ago...

I'm a little behind on dumping my camera and writing these weekend recaps. This was a few weekends ago but still some fun stuff going on so I thought I'd share. :)
 
We started Steven in swimming lessons at the Manchester Parks and Rec. (Thanks for the recommendation, mom.) It's been super cute. He really likes swimming now which is a huge relief because last summer he was SO not into it. I think it was really good we took him on vacation and he was in the water everyday for a week.
 
He really gets excited about going swimming now and its super cute.
 
"Go swimming, Mommy!"
 
The class requires a parent to be in the water with him and Steve has been doing it. I think its a really great bonding experience for them (plus the water is cooooold).
 
Just look at how cute they are!
 
They do some cute games and teach them some skills too. This week they were working on kicking feet. Steven was really proud of himself to be able to kick his feet!
 
I remember those kicking boards.

The "popcorn" game.

Kicking his feets. Aw!
Also a few weekends ago, we had our 4 year wedding anniversary. It seems like time has flown by so quickly to be at 4 years already! Jordan and Kim were kind enough to come over and babysit so we could have a date night. Don't we clean up good?

Cute couple.
We went to dinner at this delicious restaurant called The Tavern. It's this cute little place in a strip mall that you wouldn't even really notice if you weren't looking for it. It's actually right next to my parents house. But its SO nice inside. Very romantic, fancy, upscale feeling. And the food was amazing! They have a whole wall of wines that I want to definitely try next time we go (not prego).

I was pretty proud of us for trying out this new place!
They have these things called tasting boards where you can try 4 of their entrees so you get a bite of each, which is really convenient because everything sounded SO good.

This was the tasting board I got. It was basically all the meat entrees. It had (from top left down) steak, meatloaf/mashed potatoes, pork something and chicken saltimboca. (I think). They were all really, really good. Steve got the seafood tasting board which was also delicious. He said it was the best clam chowder he ever had.

Funny story about this date night. We were really hungry so we asked the waiter for an appetizer recommendation. He said one called foie gras pockets was his favorite and explained it was "duck". Well apparently I didn't hear him say "duck livers" because I said we should try that one. So we did! It was delicious. I didn't realize my mistake till the next day when Steve commented he can't believe I wanted to order the duck liver appetizer. LOL! Well it was really good!

We got the half baked chocolate chip cookie and ice cream for dessert. Heavenly!

We planned to go to a movie after dinner but a crazy severe storm hit right as we were leaving the restaurant. There were tornado warnings, torrential downpours, etc. It was nuts! We decided to just go home instead to cuddle our baby. But all in all it was a great date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment