Tuesday, February 1, 2011

26 Weeks...Second Trimester Over!

So after this week I've officially finished the second trimester of this pregnancy. Can you believe it? We are now in the "home stretch" and the closer I get the more I can't wait to meet our baby! Here is what I look like in the last week of my second trimester. Now granted that this sweater I am wearing is way too big but I think I look super prego! Of course I am taking pictures in the nursery, very appropriate don't you think?


That first one, Freckles was jumping on me. ha ha!

Also did you notice the super awesome curtains in the background of the pictures? They are so cool! My mom made them! Can you believe how cute and perfect they are for the nursery? Here they are in all their glory:
I just love the colors and how they are simple yet have little details. I absolutely love the yellow part at the top! It is so cute and we don't have anything yellow in the nursery yet. It goes so great with all the rest of the colors but adds a touch of brightness to the room. My super crafty mom also cut up the window valance that came with our bedroom set to get the ocean appliques that are on the curtains. Isn't that a great idea? What an awesome grandma she is already!

This week the baby is doing great. Still kicking away like 24/7...but the doctor says that's a good sign. I went to an appointment this week and he said the more kicking the better. So yay for the karate kid baby in my belly! This week the baby's ears are becoming better developed. He can hear us all the time now. He is also breathing in amniotic fluid (gross) to help develop his lungs. He's also starting to put on some baby fat this week. You go buddy! This is how the baby looks:


So this has been a really good week. We are all doing great and can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! Steve and I are looking forward to the next few months where we will be finishing the nursery, taking child birthing classes, having baby showers and all sorts of fun stuff!

Exciting Moment of the Week: Seeing the curtains my mom made for the nursery was super exciting this week! I can't believe how beautiful they are! She is so creative. They go perfectly in the nursery and I love them.

What I am Missing this Week: I'm kind of bummed about not being able to travel as much with work this week. Last year I couldn't go anywhere due to funding issues and this year they are letting us travel more, but I won't be able to after February. I am going on 2 more work trips in February but then that's it. Kind of a bummer I won't get to go to the other conferences I am working on. And I feel bad my co-workers have to cover for me.

Symptoms this Week: Not too many new symptoms, still having some back pain and itchiness stuffy nose and getting tired. My belly is starting to cause problems and I'm sure its only going to get worse over the next 3 months. I can't sleep in certain positions now and can't sit certain ways due to this massive belly I am growing. Looking forward to more of that!

Obsessions this Week: Still trying to get the nursery completely finished in the next few weeks. I'm excited to work on a project with my mother-in-law for above the crib soon. That should be fun and I'm excited to see how it turns out!

Message to the Baby: Baby, I can't believe we are going to meet you in about 3 months! I feel so close to you everyday because you kick me and let me know you are doing ok in there. Your daddy can feel your kicks now and that is so much fun! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment