Sunday, February 20, 2011

29 Weeks...Kinda Scary!

I just need to get this out of the way: the second trimester rocks and I miss it so much. I am glad to be progressing in my pregnancy and glad the baby is growing and getting bigger but this third trimester stuff is really difficult. I mentioned before that it seemed like as soon as I hit the 3rd trimester mark, I started with the tell tale symptoms. Well that certainly has continued. I didn't expect to feel so uncomfortable so quickly. This week I have really noticed how heavy my belly is feeling. I guess it makes sense for that to happen but I didn't expect it. The belly is really getting in my way now and restricts what I can. Also, the baby is kicking super hard now. He wakes me up all the time with his kicks and makes me stop what I'm doing when I'm awake because they are so strong.

I knew going into the 3rd trimester that things could start to get serious. Well as usual, my pregnancy lived up to that! We had a bit of a scare this week. I had been having some pains and feeling pressure so I called the nurse line and they were pretty concerned. They said to call the doctor right away because those could be signs of preterm labor. I called the doctor that night but couldn't get in till noon the next day. Everything turned out fine, and I wasn't having labor. He said I should just try to take it easy and let him know if I develop any contractions or any other symptoms. But that was really scary for a minute there! Because of that scary situation, I decided not to go on my last work trip next week. I don't think getting on a plane and working long hours is a good idea right now. Luckily, my work was very understanding.

Here's how huge the belly is this week:



So this 3rd trimester really is no joke. As it gets closer to the due date, I'm having a much harder time sleeping, probably also because my belly is so uncomfortable now. I also am having a harder time with worrying all night long. So that's no fun! I used to be able to go right back to sleep every night after getting up to pee but now sometimes I just start thinking and worrying and I can't fall back asleep! It sucks! I guess that is how its going to be from now as a mother, so I should just get used to it!

Steve and I took our first childbirth/preparation class this weekend. It was a loooong day. We went from 9am to 4pm. We learned a lot and the class was pretty interesting. It was also a lot of information to take in so I hope we can remember it all! We have that class again next weekend. Also, next weekend is my first baby shower! I'm so excited!

This week the baby's muscles and lungs are maturing. His head is also growing bigger this week to fit his brain that continues to develop! Keep growing your head baby, make room for that brain! Here's how the baby is looking this week:

Exciting Moment of the Week: Well I dunno about good exciting, but we did have some excitement trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Luckily everything turned out ok and Steve and I are praying for a smooth rest of the pregnancy, no more "excitement".

What I am Missing this Week: A good night's sleep! Its so hard to sleep with this belly in the way and I am really missing being able to just lay however I want in bed and turn over with no problems. Its a process just to get adjusted in bed now!

Symptoms this Week: Well I think I've complained enough about those already! :)

Obsessions this Week: Steve and I were really excited for the childbirth class this week. We really liked the teacher, and felt like it was a great opportunity to ask a ton of questions. We both learned a lot, I think.

Message to the Baby: Baby, we are super excited that you are going to be coming in the next 10 weeks or so. Just don't come too early!!! We love you and want you to develop as much as you can before you come into this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment