Tuesday, April 12, 2011

36 Weeks...Homestretch!

So who's ready to have this baby? (Raises hand). ha ha! After making through 36 weeks I feel pretty great about this pregnancy. From everything we heard in classes and read a full term pregnancy is considered 37 weeks and the baby is pretty much fully developed at that point. So that number kind of became my goal. Since this is the end of my 36th week I feel pretty darn accomplished for making it there. Steve and I really feel blessed to have made it this far with not really any major problems in this pregnancy. But honestly I am feeling like I am ready to be done! I think its also that I cannot wait to meet our son...Could have something to do with that! I also went to the doctor this week for my first internal exam. Yuck! Everything looks great with the baby though. He is measuring right on track. His heartbeat is great and he's in the right position to be born! Yay, Baby Steven! Also, I'm doing well according to the doctor with great blood pressure and all that stuff. Unfortunately nothing going on to indicate labor is coming anytime soon. My Dr. said I will probably go to my due date. Kind of disappointing but I guess that's fine as long as the baby is happy and healthy I can wait 3 more weeks to meet him. :)

This week my wonderful co-workers threw me a surprise baby shower! It was so incredibly thoughtful and sweet of them. They are the best! Tons of people came from our work. There was so much food and so many gifts I was just overwhelmed with the support I received from the folks I work with. It makes me so happy to see so many people are excited for this baby! :) This week the baby is gaining about an ounce a day! He is getting big, that little bean! He is also getting rid of the little hairs that have been covering his body and his waxy vernix covering this week. They say the baby is swallowing both of these things...and they will form the meconium he will "remove" after birth...ew. Here's how the little guy is looking this week: Exciting Moment of the Week: The surprise shower at work was so exciting! They were very sneaky and I didn't know it was coming at all. It was so much fun and I'm so glad that everyone was able to make it. Another exciting thing this week was going to the doctor. I was nervous and hopeful that something was happening, but nope. Although it is really good news the baby is healthy and head down. So I guess we will have to wait a little longer to meet you, little man.

What I am Missing This Week: I am missing having energy. I was tired during the first trimester but lately I have been just exhausted after work everyday. I can make it through the workday usually no problem, but this week around 2pm everyday I've been just crashing and exhausted by the time I get home. Its so bad that I usually take a nap now from 4 to 6pm and then go to bed again around 9pm! This baby is wearing me out!

Symptoms this Week: Besides the general low energy level this week, I feel like I'm moving slower than ever. Sometimes it feels like I'm moving through jello! ha! Just walking around is exhausting. Also, my huge baby belly is getting so heavy. It feels really heavy when I stand up or walk around now.

Obsessions this Week: This week I've been trying to get our hospital bag completely packed. That has been a bigger project than I thought. I searched around for different lists of what to pack and ended up making my own list of what I thought I would actually need/use. Getting that bag packed has really been kind of emotional because I know it is something we will be using when we got to the hospital! Exciting!

Message to the Baby: Baby Steven we CANNOT WAIT to meet you! Daddy wants you to stay in for a little longer so he can finish the semester, but Mommy is so ready for you to come out. We love you so much already and are praying for a safe delivery into this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment