Monday, April 18, 2011

37 Weeks...Full Term

Well we made it through 37 weeks of pregnancy. That is really a long time to be pregnant, people! But I'm super glad to have made it this far. This week marks what is considered "full term" for our baby boy. That means he can be born anytime now and his organs including his lungs will be pretty much fully developed. Yay! I'm really glad to have been able to make it this far in the pregnancy.

This week was pretty tough in general. Its really hard to be comfortable at all now a days including sitting, standing, sleeping, etc, etc. Just walking around is tough to do too. Of course I have to pee all the time now, even more than I did before. This baby boy must be right on my bladder for sure! A new symptom developed this week, heartburn. Yay...not! I haven't really had it up to this point but its in full effect now. So that is gross. Another new thing this week is pain in my ribs. I guess the baby is up in there now too? Its pretty painful especially if I don't sit up straight for a long time. Can you see why I'm ready to be done with this pregnancy?!

This week I had Friday off and decided to have a spa day since I'm still prego and who knows when I'll be un-prego or able to have a spa day for that matter. I went with my mom to get a manicure and pedicure. That was very nice. We had lunch and had a great time! Then I went to get my hair done one last time before the baby. It was a good day! Also, my very sweet husband took me out to dinner that night. :) I'm feeling very lucky to have such a great hubby these days!


Friday I also went to the doctor but he had no news. :( He said the baby is doing great. His heart beat is great and he's even practicing breathing in there still. He is right on track at about 6 and 1/2 lbs. I'm doing great too, my blood pressure is good. I'm measuring right on track as far as growth. But the bad news is the baby's not making any moves towards coming out anytime soon. So I guess I'll keep waiting!

This week the baby is looking something like this:


Exciting Moment of the Week: Well I thought the doctor's appointment this week would be more exciting, but nope. I was really hoping for some progression. Oh well, glad the baby is healthy and so am I. I guess we are just going to be hanging out together for a little longer.


What I am Missing this Week: My energy level is still pretty low so I'm missing being able to do the things I used to be able to do with no problem. This weekend I cleaned the house and that took all day and pretty much all my energy for the rest of the day and night! Its tough I tell you!


Symptoms this Week: I mentioned earlier a few new symptoms that have started recently. One of the most disgusting being heartburn. That is so gross. I'm so glad I didn't get it earlier in pregnancy. I've also been feeling lots of aches and pains from carrying this baby all the time. Then of course there's the typical itchiness, needing to pee every 5 seconds and tiredness, but that's just being pregnant!


Obsessions this Week: This week I've been trying to get everything finished in the nursery as far as the sheets all washed and the clothes all sorted and put away, etc. Little things like that. Steve and I picked out a diaper pail on our date night....ha! How lame is that?! But I was actually pretty excited to find one that I think will work for us. So now the nursery is about 99.9% finished!


Message to Our Baby: Baby Steven we are so excited to meet you! Mommy has been so happy to have you in her belly for the past 9 months but she's ready to meet you, little guy! Your dad and I can't wait to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment