Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nursery Reveal & A Treat for Blog Readers

The nursery is finished! Finally!!!! I can't believe how awesome it turned out. We have been working on it forever. For a long time it seemed like it was never going to get finished but it really came together. I think the best part is that lots of people in the family worked on it and that makes it really special. My mom made the curtains, Steve's mom made the banner and octopus decorations, Steve painted the walls and I did some of the art and the clock! How cool is that? I think its really exciting for everyone to have worked on the nursery together! The baby is going to feel so loved. Honestly, this is the nicest room in the house now. ha! But enough talking, lets get to the pictures!!

This is the changing table/dresser area. I painted some fish and other sea creature pictures for above it. Even though I am not artist, I think they turned out pretty nice.



Here's an up close picture of the cloth diapers on the dresser. Aren't they just so cute?

On the other side of the room is the bookshelf and those awesome curtains my mom made for the room. Don't they look great in there?

Here's a better picture of those curtains. Aren't they great?

Hanging over the bookshelf is this adorable stuffed animal octopus that Steve's mom made. Its so awesome. Can you believe she made that? We also hung a few pictures on the wall of us from our cruise. One is us snorkeling and a few with the dolphins.

This is the baby's closet. We left it the color we originally painted the room because we liked the contrast with the blue. We just didn't like all the walls being this green color...The clock and fish on the wall I painted. Pretty cool, eh?

Here is the crib with the super cool banner, Steve's mom embroidered for us. It is so awesome. I need to take a closer up picture so you can see the awesome details in it. Here is a treat for blog readers only: If you look close you can see the baby's name! Shhh! Its a secret!! :)

So overall I would say the nursery pretty much rocks. Its amazing how it came together. It was a mess at first and then piece by piece everything came together and I am super happy with how it turned out. I hope Baby Steven loves it!!! :) :)

1 comment:

  1. Nursery looks awesome!! I knew you at the art projects in you :)

    ReplyDelete