Monday, April 25, 2011

38 Weeks...Still Prego

38 weeks of pregnancy done...and I'm still prego. I kind of can't believe that I'm still pregnant. I think its partially because everyone told me I was going to go early and we had that pre-term labor scare. So I guess I expected in my mind that I would go early. So now that I'm not showing any signs of having this baby soon, I'm getting very irritated with still being pregnant! Plus, I am super duper uncomfortable at this point. The baby is pushing on my ribs all the time now and even leaning over is painful. Not only is he doing that, but he's pushing on my bladder too! I can't sleep or sit comfortably. Ugh. I'm ready to have this baby. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad the baby is healthy and doing great in there. And I can't wait to meet him for sure, but I'm just ready to be done!

This week I've just been trying to hang in there. I'm still working my normal schedule. That is getting really hard. I'm so tired all the time and just walking around enough to do my job is pretty painful. I had to stand up for an hour or so the other day at work and it sucked. I'm still super tired and taking cat naps most evenings. I went to the doctor and he said no movement towards labor. He said we can induce at any time after 39 weeks but it really is better for me and the baby to wait. So we will wait...

This week the baby is continuing to plump up. He has developed his ability to grasp and will be able to grasp a finger placed in his palm right after birth. His organs are fully matured and ready for life outside the womb. (So Come Out Baby!!) Here is what our baby is looking like now:


He's still pretty darn cute. Hopefully we will get to meet the little guy very soon! This weekend was Easter. So that was nice for Steve and me to get to spend some time with our families. I really didn't think I would make it to Easter being still pregnant but here we are! Oh well.


Exciting Moment of the Week: Nothing too exciting that is baby related going on this week. We are ready to go, everything is packed for the hospital, the nursery is totally ready, I'm ready! So not much to do there. It was nice to spend Easter with our families this week so that was exciting!

What I am Missing this Week: Mostly I am missing just being able to get comfortable. I don't need to complain any more about that!


Symptoms this Week: Besides all the lovely complaining I did above...ha! The biggest symptom this week, and this has been going on a while, is major pregnancy brain. I am forgetting everything! I am also making silly mistakes that I know I wouldn't make if the baby wasn't sucking all my brain cells out!


Obsessions this Week: I've started to read up on baby care this week. Might as make good use of this extra time being pregnant! There's a lot to know regarding newborn and baby care. It makes me nervous, but hopefully Steve and I will be able to figure it out!


Message to Our Baby: Baby Steven, mommy is so ready to meet you! We are glad you are enjoying yourself in my belly but I bet you will really like the nursery and all the other cute thing we have for you out here. :) Lots of people want to meet you and love you too, so whenever you are ready to come out you just let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment