Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Adventures in Card Making

In case you didn't already know, my gorgeous cousin, Kris, is getting married in October! Here we are on my wedding day:

I just can't wait until her big day! So excited for her (can you tell?). Anyways so I am more than honored to be a bridesmaid for her on her special day. My mom, her sisters and I are throwing her a bridal shower in September and its going to be so fun! When we were planning the shower I volunteered to do the invitations. I also volunteered for the games, decorations, centerpieces...(can you tell I'm excited!)

Anyway, I couldn't really find any invitations that I liked online or in a store and I wanted them to look really nice for her. She helped throw my bridal shower a few years ago and did an awesome job, so I wanted to do a great job for hers too! Well I had recently made some cards with my friend, Erica, and had a lot of fun doing it so I thought, "Why not make the invitations myself?" At the time I decided it I had probably over 6 months to do this so I thought "no big deal!" Right? Ha! 

I was also pregnant (and probably delirious) at the time I decided to undertake this project. It really took a lot longer than I thought it would. So anyways it came down to the wire but last week (6ish weeks out from the shower) I finally finished them and got them all mailed out! Whew! It was a close one! But I am super happy with the way they turned out. Wanna see??? (Disclaimer: This was only my second attempt at homemade cards so if you know what you are doing in card-making you might want to look away...)

Didn't they turn out cute? It's kind of hard to tell from the picture but I had a dark brown background and then a few varieties of color schemes but in this one there is green and pink paper with a coordinating ribbon. They also have a brown flower attached with a sparkly pin in the middle! I'm really liking them. I also did some in a maroon and orange color scheme, like the one below.


I think I like these colors better and they go with the colors of Kris's fall wedding.

I also ended up making registry cards because I really thought the generic ones that came from the store looked yucky next to my beautiful invitations. Plus it was only a few extra steps. You like?

Here's what they look like all together. I think it really came together nicely!


I used an additional stamp on the back of the envelope in a shiny gold color! I think it looks so cute! I'm proud of myself. I hope I get an opportunity to make more cards in the future. (Although maybe not quite so many next time :)

1 comment: