Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My First Big Haul

So when you read the couponing craziness post did you think to yourself, "I hope she's not going to turn into one of those crazy people who post pictures of their shopping trips online." Well if you did think that you might want to avert your eyes...because look at all the stuff I got on my latest couponing trip to Target!


Guess how much I paid for all that stuff? Around $45! I think that is pretty awesome by beginners couponing standards. And that's not even all the stuff I got. I had already taken some of the snacky foods to work. Listen to all this stuff I got: 3 packs of gum, 1 package of frozen chicken breasts, 2 packages of taco shells, 2 ready to eat oriental dinners, 10 flavored waters, 2 huge bottles of shampoo, 2 packages of ziploc bags, 4 packages of easy mac (4 single servings each), 3 kraft dressings, chips and salsa. That is a lot, I think! If I would have paid full price for everything it would have been over $80. But with sales, coupons and store offers I saved about 40%! I am pretty proud of myself. This is only one of my very first attempts but I think almost half off is darn good. I hope I can do even better next time.

Here are some tips for frequent Target shoppers I have learned so far. Target offers a debit card. Its free to use and it links directly to your checking account (so its just like using your bank debit card). The best part is whenever you use it you get 5% off! That's everytime you shop at Target! How awesome is that!?! Another Target tip, you get 5 cents off your order for every reusable bag you bring in, and they don't even have to be Target bags! So you better believe I brought all that stuff home in our reusable bags. Yay for saving the environment and money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment