Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kris's Bridal Shower Weekend!

This past labor day weekend was my cousin Kris's bachelorette party and bridal shower. We had so much fun! Um, did I mention how excited I am for her wedding??? Can't wait! I'm so happy for her and she is marrying a great guy. Yay!


So on Friday night we had her bachelorette party at the Cardinals game and then on the landing. We were having a major heat wave in St. Louis that day and it was soooooo hot! It was like 100 degrees. Awful! But we still had fun! A ton of Kris's friends came in town for her party. There were only 2 of us that lived in St. Louis, since she is from Illinois and she went to college in Ohio. I couldn't believe how many girls there were and they were all from out of town! I think there were over 20 girls there. She is loved!!

We had fun at the Cardinals game even though they suck pretty bad lately. Some of her friends are crazy! They got her on the jumbo-tron. She was so embarrassed! It was adorable.


Afterwards we went to the landing. First we went to the Big Bang Piano Bar. That was a lot of fun. They got her on stage and made some random guys sing to her. It was hilarious.


After that we went to Morgan Street Brewery but I didn't stay too long. It had been about 5 hours since I'd pumped and I was feeling it! It was also about 12:30 at night by that point. I went back to the hotel room to pump but decided that I was probably done for the night and went home. I heard they had a pretty crazy time after I left though!

The next morning (really, really early) we drove up to Springfield for her bridal shower. It was so much fun! My mom, her sister Cindy and her sister in law Lauren and I all put on the shower. I think it went really well and everyone had a great time. The food was awesome and the place was super cute. Kris got a ton of great presents and got to hang out with her friends and family. So I would say that was a huge success!




I made Kris a scrapbook of pages that her friends and family submitted and I think that went over really well. It was a loooooong process and took a lot of time to put together, but it was totally worth it. I think she even shed a few tears while she was reading it. So cute! That made it totally worth the effort!


So overall it was a very fun (and exhausting) weekend and we had a great time! Congratulations, Kris! I can't wait for her wedding!!

2 comments:

  1. What games did you end up playing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the vows mad libs and a purse scavenger hunt. I think they went over pretty well and everyone had fun! The mad libs one ended really well, it was something like, "Do you promise to ride Zach till death do you part?" LOL

    ReplyDelete