Thursday, September 26, 2013

2nd Time Around - 39 Weeks

To quote my Dr. this week, "Another week and you're still pregnant!" YEP. That's right. 39 weeks, due a week from last Monday and I'm "still pregnant". I'm huge and really uncomfortable at this point. These pictures are awful but true to life! I really look this tired.
Representing the Cardinals!
 I did have some practice contractions/cramping this weekend. I thought it was the real thing but it went away. It did leave me almost unable to walk Sunday morning so that's awesome.

Holy baby bump!
I really expected to have this baby by now. So did my Dr. He said he was surprised I haven't gone into labor yet because most people go earlier with their 2nd one. Thanks for the encouragement, doc! I've really tried to maintain a positive attitude with this pregnancy but I am just D-O-N-E. Ready to be done being pregnant. There's just so much I can't do this big and uncomfortable. It's really hard trying to take care of Steven like this. But Hubby Steve has been really great lately letting me nap and trying to do things for me so I'm really appreciative of that.

Today, I heard the story today of a blogger that I follow who had her baby at only 26 weeks. The picture of the baby is SO sad. He is only 1lb 9oz. I don't know the situation or what happened but that is terrifying. So I'm really grateful to have a healthy, full term baby. Also, this weekend I had a really sweet moment with Steven. He woke up from his nap from a bad dream or something and was crying for me. I just held him for a bit and he asked me to "rock him in the chair". Which he never asks me to do anymore. I used to rock him to sleep in that chair all the time when he was a baby and it was just a really sweet moment. I rocked him back to sleep and then just held him for like 20 minutes thinking about how much I love him and how lucky I am to be his mom and have this sweet moment with him that I probably couldn't have had if I had a newborn right now. So those are two positive thoughts for the week. :)

In other happy news, my cousin, Kris had her baby last week. I'm so happy for her and Zach. They had a baby girl, Emelia Grace and she's beautiful.


Such a cutie!
I can't wait to go see her. They live about 2 hours away so I think I'll wait till I have Logan to go out there. (Won't that make for some super cute pictures?)

So I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude this week but hoping we will get to meet our little guy very soon! 

1 comment: