Tuesday, September 3, 2013

2nd Time Around - 35 Weeks

Starting to feel like the homestretch of this pregnancy at 35 weeks. Although at the same time I've got over a month to my due date! I've started in on the last stage of planning for labor and when the baby comes. We made a plan with our parents for Steven when I go into labor, I've started getting out the newborn clothes and washing/organizing them in the baby's room, I've been getting all the baby stuff from storage (car seat, etc.). So its really starting to feel like this could happen soon! At the same time 5 weeks is a long way away so I'm really trying to not be in the mindset of "I'm almost done." I think its still probably too early to think like that. I don't want to be miserable thinking everyday that I could go into labor and being disappointed like I was last time.

Pretty sure big bro is shooting the camera here.
So I'm really trying to have a positive attitude but at the same time am pretty uncomfortable. Lots of new symptoms have popped up recently so that's really fun (Not!). The favorites of the 3rd trimester: heartburn, feeling bloated and full all the time, pain in my ribs making it hard to bend over. Good times. I've also started having these stabbing/shooting pains in my legs. Everything says its normal and just a result of the baby sitting on a nerve the wrong way. I dunno what it is but its super painful and I didn't have those with Steven.

Aw! He's getting excited to be a big bro!
 
Also, its been incredibly hot these last couple of weeks. I know I shouldn't complain because we usually have more 90+ degree weather than we've had this year but still its hot now and it sucks.  Ok I'm done complaining.

One cool thing that happened this week was I got to go shopping with my mom. They opened up 2 new outlet malls in Chesterfield and we went to check one out on my day off. Its so nice to spend some girl time with my mom. And, of course, I love shopping. Since I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy and am HUGE, my clothes are starting to not fit, especially my pants. My mom and I were able to pick out a few tunics to wear with leggings (so comfortable) and a new pair of shorts. It seems silly to buy new clothes when I've only got a month left but at least I got them at the outlet.

This week I start going to the Dr. for weekly appointments. I can't believe it! It's really getting close. Can't wait to meet you Logan!



1 comment:

  1. 35 weeks already! Wow time flies! I'd say you're in the home stretch now. Can't believe we'll get to meet that little baby soon :)

    ReplyDelete