Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Big Bro Class

This past weekend we attended the sibling preparation class at St. John's Hospital. Steve and I wanted to give Steven all the opportunities we could to talk about being a big brother and we thought this would be a great start since there would be other kids there and he's very social.

Excited for class to start!
The class itself was OK. I'd give it a C grade. The teacher was pretty ridiculous. I don't know if she's every met 2 year olds before but she sure didn't act like it. Plus there were 12 2 year olds. That's a lot of 2 year olds! She had them sitting down, taking turns, raising their hands...um not really behavior a 2 year old is capable of for a long time. But what do I know!

There was one cute part where the teacher was explaining about the new baby and how they will drink milk and need their diaper changed. Steve blurts out "I change diapers!" ha ha!

There's my kiddo, front and center. ha!
We took a tour of the hospital which was ridiculous as well because it was packed, we couldn't even seen a birthing room because they were all full. And the lady was showing us the refrigerator (who cares!) and stupid stuff like that. Plus there was just way too many people to keep together.

Excited to get to hold "the baby"
But there was one good part where they each got to hold a baby and talked about being gentle with the baby, supporting their head, etc. I wish that part would have been longer but it was still pretty super cute. Steven was really excited to hold his baby and he was SO good with him.

The handoff.

Cheese!
So all in all it was an OK experience. I'm not sure how much new stuff Steven learned but I think that's probably good. We've already been talking to him about what it will be like once Logan gets here so he had a good idea already.

I think Steven will probably do great because he's very smart and he's been really good with all the babies we've been around lately. And also I do think he's very excited to be a big brother. So we'll see!

Official Big Bro Graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment