Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Grants Farm Trip

A few weekends ago, Steve's brother Dan was in town with his daughter, Willow. Steven just adores Willow and unless you're new here you've heard me talk about how much fun they have together. It was supposed to be a pretty nice day so we took the kiddos to Grant's Farm.
 
We had a really good time. It was pretty hot but not horrible. Grant's Farm is notorious for getting crowded on nice days on the weekends but it wasn't too bad that day. It was busy but not horribly crowded. Of course Steven took a hard fall in the parking lot of QT on the way there and then immediately fell asleep. So that made me nervous but he seemed to be ok after running around a bit. And he got a huge gash on his forehead...awesome.
 
Uncle Dan, Willow and Steven on the tram

Feeding the goats


 
Steven was more interested in petting the goats...

Great pic, Steven. Way to pose ;)

A pretty good one of the head gash. It was bad. Mommy was worried.
So apparently when you turn 5 you are able to actually pose for pictures. That Willow I tell you, she was the best picture poser. She also captured Steven a few times so I could take her pic. I hope he learns that from her! ;)
Cheese!
You are witnessing a small miracle below. Can you believe both of the animals they HAD to ride on were right next to each other. Whew! I was worried about that one.
Riding the carousel.



I think this might be looking at the turtles. Cute kids, right?

 
There was this crazy lady who had a snake wrapped around her. At one point it was licking her hair. Gross. She was just chilling. No big deal...

Snake lady could take a lesson in posing from Willow.
We also watched a bird show. Which was awesome. At that point we were hot and on a sugar high (sno cones) and it was pretty awesome. I got this video of Steven and Willow dancing before the show...but I can't figure out how to upload it anywhere. So boo to that but just use your imagination. Sugar induced toddler dancing, pretty hilarious. We really enjoyed Grant's Farm. I hope we make it back there soon!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun time - I love Grants Farm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I want to take Steven back to see another show. Those are so neat but we always seem to miss the times. We were lucky to catch the bird show this time around!

    ReplyDelete