Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Weekend Recap - August Already!

We had a really fun and jam packed weekend this past weekend. Can you believe it's already August? Time is really flying this summer! Friday I was off work and took Steven for a play date at the zoo with our good friends Julie, Jake and baby Nicholas. We got there a bit early and had some time to walk around the zoo just the two of us. That was nice! Steven was being a really good boy so I really enjoyed the mommy and me time. 


Mom, I'm looking at the animals!
It was a pretty sunny morning so we were careful with our sun protection. :) Steven loves this little viewing area over a pond. He loves looking at "birdies".
Cheeseburger
We met up with Julie, Jake and baby Nicholas. Steven wanted to show Jake the reptile house. He loves the snakes and alligators. Jake didn't seem to mind either. Boys!

We also hit up the insectarium and butterfly house, which Jake wanted to see. That kid apparently loves bugs. I'm so not ready for that boy phase. Bugs = gross. Steven enjoyed pushing all the buttons at the exhibits there though.
 
It was a really nice day to be at the zoo. It ended up being kind of overcast and not too horribly hot or humid. The boys had a great time playing together too. (He cried "Want to go home with Jake" when they left for the day. LOL) Steven enjoyed seeing (and petting) Baby Nicholas and I got to chat with my good friend. It was a good time had by all!

Friday evening Jordan came over to babysit so we could go to my friend, Carrie's birthday party. I wasn't sure we would be able to go together, I've typically gone to these types of things solo. But it worked out Jordan could babysit and Steve could come so that was really nice.

We went out to dinner first at a restaurant in Clayton called Crushed Red. Carrie actually recommended it a while ago and we just never got a chance to make it there. It's a really cute place with good food! More casual, you order at a counter and they bring you the food, fill your own drinks, etc. But the food was really good! We had a goat cheese appetizer (delicious), Cobb salad and pizza to share. The pizzas are individual size but super yummy. I think we'd definitely go back to Crushed Red.

Yummo

Afterwards we headed to Llewelyn's Pub in Webster Groves for Carrie's party. I have been to that bar a few times and its a fun place! I'm not going to lie I felt a bit out of place in a bar with a huge baby bump and I definitely got a few looks walking back and forth to the bathroom (about 15 times). But hey! I was there for my friend's birthday! And I only drank water!

Carrie took a pic of us. So I stole it from FB. We look pretty good!


Steve and I had a good time. At first we were lamenting how tired we both were and how we were too old to be hanging out in bars. (and also some the fact that neither of us was drinking). But we had a good time! There were lots of people from my work there so I got to introduce Steve to some of them and that was fun. There were also a few of Carrie's girlfriends there that I enjoy talking to and haven't seen in a while so it was nice to catch up with them. Overall it was a good night and we stayed up till midnight! Can you believe it?! (We were both so tired the next morning ha ha!)


Saturday, my mom, Steven and I traveled to Rochester, IL for my cousin Kris's baby shower. She's only a year younger than me and due a week before me! What a crazy coincidence. I'm really excited for her and Zach to have their baby girl. This will be their first and I know they are in for so much fun and will make great parents!

The shower was super cute. They had cute decorations and a really fun activity where everyone could decorate a onesie. Steve and I each made one and he didn't get paint on him. I was proud. Can you guess which one is his?

Oink Oink
There were a TON of people there so Kris spent the majority of time opening gifts. There were also a ton of kids so Steven had a good time playing with them. He was one of only 2 boys there and the other boy was a younger baby that was SO chill. Steven looked like a maniac next to all these good babies and calm girls. Total boy, running around trying to stab things with the toys while the girls are playing nicely together and gathering the trash from the presents.

That's my crazy boy!
At one point Steven decided he was not the center of attention bored and thought it would be fun to go around having everyone tickle his belly. It was pretty cute...for a few minutes then got old. LOL of course people started asking me what am I teaching him at home? What kind of parties have I been taking him to? Crazy kids.

Who's kid is that?!
But we had a good time overall. Kris and I are both so preggers. Don't we look great? (Even though this pic sucks).

Pregnant Cousins!
So that was a very fun and busy weekend! Hope everyone else had a good weekend too!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you has a busy weekend - but looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete