Monday, September 23, 2013

Fun Stuff Lately

We've been trying to squeeze the last bit of fun out of summer around here. So we've been doing some fun stuff outside when its not ridiculously hot. We went to the Botanical Gardens with Steve's family a few weekends ago when Willow was in town. That was a fun day! We got there right when the gardens opened and it did get hot a few hours later but we had fun. We mostly hung in the children's garden. It was a lot of walking for this super pregnant lady outside of there.
 
Good looking group!
Steven and Willow always have a blast together. She loves to boss him around. He loves to follow her around like a puppy. Good times. They had so much fun in the splash pad!

I think this is right before they both stripped down to undies. LOL
They had a lot of fun with Jordan and Kim. Steven really enjoys spending time with them.

+
 
After hanging around the gardens for a while we went to lunch. Jordan and Kim suggested a place on Cherokee called Melt. It was way too hip for me to know about but I'm glad they keep me young. ;)
 
It was a cute place. They have all sorts of waffles with sweet and savory toppings. They had a big area with video games and a chalk board so it was perfect for the kiddos. Steve got some weird buffalo chicken waffle. I stuck to sweet and got caramel apple. It was delicious!
 
                                       

The kiddos has a blast. It's always so nice to be able to get them together.
 
Goofballs
We also spent some family time recently with the Gooden side. We went bowling with my parents and Steve, Amy and Hannah. It was really fun! It was Steven's first time bowling so that was super cute. I think he really enjoyed it.
 
Getting ready to bowl!
Steven used the ramp and the bumpers. He did pretty well. I think he enjoyed it and he got like a 69 or something! That's a solid score for a 2 year old ;)


Grandpa helped :)
Halfway through he decided he liked Hannah's shoes better than his bowling shoes. She was really a good sport about it. It's always nice to hang out with them so I'm glad we got to do it!
Well if you're going to wear them, do it right!
 
In other news, Steven moved to a new daycare recently and it's been going pretty well. He had a great start and then I think he realized he's not going back to Stephannie's and that bummed him out. He really loved it there. So we had a few rough days but I think he's back on track now and he enjoys going there. Well they did professional pictures the other week (which I had no idea was happening because Steve does the drop off/pick up and he's oblivious to the 50 signs they had posted I guess).
 
Anywho, so I happened to pick him up on the day the proofs came in and OMG I laughed out loud when I saw them. What a ham we have on our hands!! Doesn't he just look hilarious? Like too big or something?
  
Cheeseball!
                                                 
I can't believe he posed so nicely for the photographer and gave a genuine smile. Not his classic "cheeseburger" over-smile. We didn't order any but you sure bet I took these pics of the proofs. Hilarious!
 
Sorry this one's blurry.
So that's some of the stuff we've been up to lately! We were just enjoying the end of summer and some time with family. But we are ready for fall (and the new baby!)

2 comments: