Saturday, October 19, 2013

Logan's Nursery Reveal

Now that Logan's here I assume you are dying to know whether his nursery is done. Well it is! Yay! It was finished a few days before he was born but hey, who's counting!? I mentioned my inspiration in this post so here is the final result. I'm really happy with how it turned out and BIG PROPS to my mother in law, Kathleen, who went crazy sewing and creating things for the nursery. Logan's a lucky guy!
 
Kathleen found some space themed fabric on a trip to Branson so she bought a whole bunch of it. Out of that fabric she made Logan curtains, a bed skirt and quilted a blanket! It all goes with the room so well. I'm so lucky to know someone so talented.
 
She also used the fabric for the top of the awesome mobile she made for Logan. The curtains and mobile are pictured below:

 
 
Here's a close up of the mobile. Isn't is awesome? Kathleen embroidered those rocket ships and the piece in the center that says, "I love you to the moon and back." (Which also glows in the dark! Awesome!)

You can see my humble attempt to decorate with some frames in the back of this pic.
 
I ordered the prints from Etsy in my inspiration post and framed them in some simple white frames I had leftover. I really love them and they look great over the changing table. You can also kind of see on the right wall some glow in the dark decals I got from Target and hung around the room. They are really neat too.

This is my favorite print. Dunno why the picture is so crooked. I blame the photographer. ;)

 
More of the glow in the dark decals. They look really neat lit up at night. I also redid the clock I had in Steven's room with those decals.
 
Easy project!
Kathleen did an amazing job with the ideas I gave her. She made this awesome rocket ship banner for over Logan's crib. I loved the banner she made for Steven's wall and wanted Logan to have one too. I just gave her a picture and she came up with all of this. It's so cool!

 

Close up of the rocketship.
When I originally took the pictures for this post I didn't have the detail below so you won't see it in the overview pics. My good friend, Jamie made this canvas for Logan. Isn't that so sweet? It looks great in his room.


Isn't this cool?
Well that's Logan's finished "outer spaced theme" nursery. I think it turned out really great and I hope he enjoys it as much as I do!


1 comment: