Tuesday, October 26, 2010

12 Weeks...First Trimester Over!

Can't believe its already the end of the first trimester. Time is flying by! I feel like I'm really turning into a pregnant lady lately. I feel much more pregnant than I did the past 12 weeks. its sort of weird. This week the baby is developing reflexes including opening and closing of their fingers, curling their toes and moving their mouth. Crazy! Apparently the baby's intestines are developing outside of their body for now and will soon move inside after they develop a little further. I did not know that and that is kind of gross. ha ha! Baby is about the size of a lime this week and is looking something like this:

This week I am feeling much better. I am not nearly as nauseous all the time during the day and that is really great. I am also able to cook again and brush my teeth again without gagging so that's been a nice improvement. As far as energy level, I think I am feeling pretty good. I am still pretty tired at the end of the day but am able to make it through the entire work day. As far as how I look, I feel like I am really starting to show. I think at first you couldn't really tell if it was just belly or if I was pregnant but now it definitely looks like a pregnant belly. I have noticed women at work staring at my belly and I'm sure they are wondering. I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait another week to tell my work, I think most of them will figure it out before then. One girlfriend of mine at work asked me yesterday if I was pregnant. She said its pretty obvious...So I may have to tell them sooner than later.

Another interesting development this week besides people commenting on my belly is people touching it! I was not expecting that this soon. I read in the books that people feel free to touch your belly without permission when you are pregnant but I didn't think they'd be doing it this soon! We went to a wedding this weekend and people were rubbing my belly...that was weird! I guess I should get used to it!!

Exciting Moment of the Week: Even though people were weirding me out and rubbing my belly it was fun to see everyone at Steve's cousin's wedding being so supportive. We saw a few friends that have babies and they were very excited for us. It is nice to have so much support.

Oh and Steve went back to work this week! That is super freaking exciting!!!

What I am Missing this Week: At the wedding everyone was drinking and having a good time and its not that I really miss drinking or the taste of alcohol but I missed being a part of that. Its totally worth it not to drink during the pregnancy but just watching everyone drinking around me was a little tough.

Symptoms this Week: Mostly just fatigue. I am just really super drained at the end of the workday and can't usually find the energy to do anything in the evenings besides make some dinner, crash on the couch for a few hours and then go to bed early! I hope I get some more energy back in the 2nd trimester but I'm not holding out hope for much! ha ha

Obsessions this Week: This week especially I have been obsessing about what I am going to tell my work. I don't know why it is making me so nervous and I am sure they will all be happy for me but I am really going crazy thinking about it. I should just get it over with!

Message to the Baby: Baby, we are so excited to meet you! You are growing so fast in there and the fact that you are growing inside of me is so incredible and crazy. What a blessing you are and we are both so happy to have you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment