Friday, October 22, 2010

Christmas Wish List

Even though it seems very early to me, I know some crazy people are already Christmas shopping...in October! I've seen some wish lists on other people's blogs and thought that was a good idea. I'm not expecting to get all or any of these things just thought I would put it out there as I think of it.

First of all, we really need a new camera. With the baby on the way, my old camera is just not going to cut it. It doesn't always turn on and takes pretty poor quality pictures so we really need to upgrade. I can't decide between getting a better point and shoot or trying to get into photography more with a lower end DSLR. I've heard lots of good things about the Cannon Rebel and read up on the reviews. I think that might be a good entry level DSLR and I could learn a lot using it. Its on sale at Best Buy...just saying ;)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+EOS+Digital+Rebel+XS+10.1-Megapixel+Digital+SLR+Camera+-+Black/8929699.p?id=1214611419717&skuId=8929699&st=canon%20rebel&contract_desc=null

Along the same lines, I'd really like to get a video camera for when this baby comes. I'm sure he or she is going to be doing all kinds of cute things and I'd like to have some videos to show to friends and family. I think we could use a Kodak Zi8 or a Flip. The Kodak is a bit pricier but has better reviews and features.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-7720303637963100223&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=Kodak+Zi8+&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960
Looks like the flip would get the job done as well but I saw some reviews that said its not really great for far away shots.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Flip+Video+-+UltraHD+Camcorder+-+Black/Chrome/9281984.p?id=1218073822126&skuId=9281984&st=flip%20camera&contract_desc=null

I know we will start needing a lot of things for the baby pretty soon. I don't have it all ironed out exactly everything I want but some things I know we will need. I know for sure we need a boppy. I have heard from everyone who's had a baby that you must get one of these.
I would like the plain one or there are also some that come with slipcovers. I like slipcovers like this one:

or this one:
But really I'm not that picky and would take any slipcovers. I also heard its a good idea to get the water resistant cover...for obvious reasons.

Another thing I'd like to get for the baby is a co-sleeper. It will be really helpful when they are little and waking up all the time during the night (not looking forward to that). And we can use it in other parts of the house too since its portable. I really like this one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3069590

I know I want to get a Moby wrap as well for when the baby is really young. They have them at Toys r Us but they are a little cheaper at Target I think.
http://www.target.com/s?keywords=moby+wrap&searchNodeID=1038590&ref=sr_bx_1_1


I want to get some CDs of kids music but nothing to obnoxious because well, I will have to listen to it too! A CD thats adorable is Snack Time from the Barenaked Ladies.

Some CDs that I want just for me:

Train, Save Me San Francisco

Dave Matthews Band, Big Whiskey and the GruGrux King


Maroon 5, Hands All Over (this is a weird CD cover, I know)


For the house I'd like to get a cake platter or something that I can store a cake in. Even though I don't make a cake very often it would be nice to have something to put a cake in when I do make one. I'd like to get one like this:

http://www.target.com/Wilton-Cake-Caddy-White-Clear/dp/B000EN4FCM/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

or this:

http://www.target.com/Luigi-Bormioli-Michelangelo-Cake-Plate/dp/B001V9EVOU/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

Those are some thoughts for now. Of course gift cards to Old Navy, Target, Babies R Us are always appreciated. Happy (very early) Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment