Monday, October 18, 2010

Nursery Inspiration

It is so fun to think about what the nursery will look like! I have been looking around on the Internet for some inspirations. Its hard to decide exactly what will be appropriate before knowing the sex of the baby but that's just a minor detail right? ;) Steve really wants to do an underwater theme, which I was surprised he suggested considering he is obsessed with the stars and Astronomy...but oh well. That is much better than a "space" theme, so I'll take it. I think that would work best for a boy's room. I guess it could work for a girl's as well but if we have a girl, I really want to go way more girly than that! So I've found some pictures of things that I could live with for an underwater theme.

We definitely want to paint the walls and we both really like the idea of having animals stenciled directly on the walls.



It would be cute to put up some pictures of us with stingrays and snorkeling and stuff like that. We have a bunch from our cruises. That might be a good idea.


Here is some ocean-y bedding as well.

And this fish mobile is pretty darn cute...I could definitely see this guy in the nursery.


More than the ocean theme I'm really into the animal, nature theme. I've found lots of pictures of trees painted on nursery walls and I'm really digging that. Here are some of my favorites:

This one might be my fav for a girl. (Bonus we wouldn't have to paint the walls, they are already this grey color)

I love this one with the birds and owls. I especially love the birds "resting" on the edge of the crib! Too cute! That one is actually a decal you can buy if you want.


This one is admittedly pretty girly. But I love how it has a 3D component with the leaves and flowers glued on the tree.




Here are some other nature-like details painted on walls. So cute!



Ok, now I do realize that to pull this off we are going to either have to buy the stencils or decals, which a lot of them you can get from Etsy pretty cheap, or we are going to have to find some creative, artistic types in our family to help...since neither Steve or I can draw at all. So we'll see. But its fun to dream!

Here are some other nature like details that I love from other people's nurseries:
Peacocks!!




Ok how freaking cute are these knobs for the dresser? You can get them from Etsy pretty cheap also.


I love these bird pictures:


And these animal paintings are pretty adorable too:


I love these birds with the opposing colors that play off the cute turquoise wall color. I like the lyrics to the Bob Marley song divided between 2 canvases as well. We wouldn't have to necessarily use that song but its a cute idea.


So while I was on the Internet browsing for ideas, I discovered that I'm obsessed with owls. They are so cute! I can't believe how many owl pictures I saved...we have to have an owl in the room!

No this is not a name possibility...just a really cute print you can get from Etsy and customize however you want it. :)
This has to be my favorite mobile. Look how cute the little owls are! Some are even winking at you! OMG! So adorable.
This is a little picture of felt owls in a frame. How cute is that? I think I could make that at least!




I also saw a lot of nurseries with either fabric or wooden painted letters spelling out the baby's name on the wall. I think this is totally something we could DIY. It would be cheap and adorable too.





One other thing I like this group of frames with different complementary patterns, colors. Another thing we could easily do ourselves for pretty cheap.


So lots and lots of ideas! But no final decisions yet of course. We still have plenty of time to think and overthink and rethink how the nursery will look (and by we, I mostly mean me :) Still, pretty exciting stuff!!




























2 comments:

  1. ok, let's try this comment again... I really like the tree that looks like it's blowing in the wind with the flowers... so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Don't you love that so much more than any of the ocean stuff we found? :Sigh:

    ReplyDelete