Wednesday, December 8, 2010

19 Weeks

I am so excited to announce that this week I am definitely feeling the baby move! It is so weird! At first, I thought I felt the baby but I wasn't sure. Then on Saturday of last week, I definitely felt it. Before I thought it might just be gas or my stomach growling but this time I knew what it was. It felt much different than either of those things. It is like someone literally moving around of you. So weird! But it is kind of a good feeling!! It means my baby boy is ok and moving around in there and that is nice to know. Ever since it started, he must have taken up gymnastics because he is doing somersaults in my stomach all day long! Silly boy!

This week has been going great! I've had more energy lately than I've had in a long time so that is nice. Steve and I have been finishing up our Christmas shopping and having fun spending time with friends and family. I just love this time of year. It makes it so much more special thinking we will have a little man to share Christmas with next year. It is weird to think that this our last Christmas as a family of 2 (well 6 if you count the puppies).


This week the baby's brain is developing his sensory areas. The specialized areas for smell, taste, touch, hearing and vision are being designated this week. They say the baby can hear us now! So exciting. The baby is kicking a lot this week. No wonder if this is how he looks! Baby boy is all squished in there!



This week Steve and I have decided to start working on the nursery. I will update you guys on that progress and what we plan to do soon!


Exciting Moment of the Week: Feeling the baby move was amazing! It was so different than anything else I have ever felt. I couldn't deny it or say it was something else. Its so weird but also so great to feel him moving in there!


What I am Missing this Week: I have been having a terrible soda craving lately! I think it has to do with all the crazy amounts of soda my husband has been consuming. Every time I see him get a soda I just want to grab it from him and suck it down! I know I can have some caffeine but I eat enough chocolate to probably account for that! Especially with all the yummy cookies we have around now.


Symptoms this Week: Nothing too bad is going on this week. Still headaches and itchiness but that's pretty much it. I am getting some energy back so that is awesome!


Obsessions this Week: Definitely the nursery. I think Steve and I have decided on what bedding to get and what we are going to paint the walls. I can't wait to get started!


Message to Our Baby: Baby we are so excited about you developing. Its crazy that now you can kick mommy and she can feel it! It is like a little connection between us and its so special. We love you and we hope you are doing great! Next week will be the halfway point and I can't believe that you will be here in about 5 months!! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment