Monday, December 20, 2010

20 Weeks..Halfway There!!

I cannot believe that I am already done with 20 weeks of this pregnancy! That's halfway people! That's crazy! Crazy! This week Steve and I went to Missouri Baptist to do an ultrasound on their big machine. It was nuts! They did an anatomy scan of the baby, which basically means they take a picture of all of his body parts. It took an hour and it kind of sucked. I mean at first it was neat to see the baby, but after a while the lady started pushing hard on my stomach and the goo was all sticky and all over the place. I was glad when it was over but it was neat to see all the baby's parts and see how he was in my belly. The sonographer said he looked totally normal and there weren't any causes for concern that she could see. Yay! She did say that he was 85% in his growth at this point and is weighing in at about 13 oz. Big baby! And what did my super sensitive husband say at this news? "Oh boy! That's going to hurt!" Thanks, honey! ha ha


Also this week the baby is kicking like crazy! He is moving around practically all day while I'm at work and in the evenings. Such an active baby! It is really exciting to feel it. I wish Steve could feel it too, but the doctor said that won't be for a few weeks.


We also toured St. Luke's maternity ward this week. I wrote about it here.

We bought some paint for the baby's room! We are going to try to paint this week and work on the nursery while Steve is off school for break. I also bought some canvases and paint to diy some things for the walls. I'm very excited! I hope they turn out well. If not, I'm going to be enlisting some help for sure! :)


As far as development this week, the baby is swallowing more and more which helps the development of his little digestive system. He's also more stretched out than he has been and they say he is about the length of a banana. (Although our baby may be bigger! ha ha). Here's what he's looking like this week:
Exciting Moment of the Week: Touring the maternity ward at St. Luke's, and also getting the anatomy scan done at Mo Bap were both pretty darn exciting. Feeling the baby kick also rocks. Its been an exciting week!

What I am Missing this Week: Coffee! and soda! I am really missing caffeine lately and I have to confess that I did have a soda 2 times last week! I'm so bad. It's fine to have some caffeine as long as its not too much. The doctor said I could have 2 cups of coffee a day if I wanted to. Its hard!

Symptoms this Week: Nothing really to add to the symptoms this week. I am enjoying a little 2nd trimester relief from all the symptoms I had before. I am still super tired if I try to do too much in a day, but other than that I'm doing good.

Obsessions this Week: Still on the nursery kick! I am planning and scheming what we are going to do in the nursery. I can't wait to get started after Christmas!

Message to Our Baby: Baby, it looks and feels like you are really healthy in there and that makes me so happy! We are so excited that everything seems to be going great with you and can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment