Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A lot like Christmas!

The Christmas spirit is in the air! And in our house! I decorated the house for Christmas this weekend and it looks awesome! We don't have a ton of decorations, but the ones we do have are so pretty. Also, this is the first year we have put up a Christmas tree! My lovely Aunt Jan donated her old Christmas tree to us this year. (Thank you so much!!) It is wonderful to have our own tree. We only had about 3 ornaments so I bought some generic ones from Michael's to fill the space. I figure we will start getting more ornaments as the years go on so no need to buy them all now. But enough talking! Here are the pictures!

First, here is our first Christmas tree! So pretty!

Next, I decorated the rest of the living room. In doing so, I realized in our new house we don't have a mantle! So where are we to hang our stockings??? How about on our gorgeous hutch that my wonderful mother refinished for us? (Thank you so much, you are amazing.) Don't our stockings look nice on the hutch?

Here's a close up. (These gorgeous stockings were handmade by Steve's mom last Christmas! Aren't they beautiful?)

Here's a close up of the decorations on top of the hutch.

Next, I decorated our dining room table. I stole this idea from another blog I read. I think it looks pretty good and it only cost me $2!

Here's a close up of the centerpiece:
Finally, my mom and I attempted to be crafty and make a homemade wreath. I really wanted a festive Christmas wreath for our front door, but I didn't want to pay $30 for it. We saw some at a craft fair last weekend that were gorgeous but I just felt like it was too much to pay for it. Also, I thought, "We can make this!" So we did!

Isn't it pretty? And it really wasn't very hard at all. I estimate it cost about $7, but that's because my mom donated the ribbon. But even if we paid for the ribbon I bet it wouldn't be more than $15. I'm so proud of us! Here are some close ups of the details.


Getting the house decorated for Christmas was so fun! I love this time of year. Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment