Tuesday, March 1, 2011

30 Weeks...First Baby Shower

Can.Not.Believe it is only 10 weeks till this pregnancy is over! It seems like such a short amount of time left! As its getting warmer this week, I'm very glad I wasn't pregnant in the summer because I'm not sure I could have handled it! It was 72 one day this week and I was so hot and miserable! Good thing we are having a spring baby!

This week was so exciting! We had our 2nd day of childbirth class. Steve and I both agreed that we learned a lot in the class and we were really glad we took it. I also had my first baby shower given by my amazing and beautiful friends, Carrie and Amanda. It was a blast! More on that in another post.

This week the baby is continuing to develop his eyesight. He is also growing bigger and longer by the day! He is almost 3 lbs and about 16 inches long! Here's how he looks now:

Exciting Moment of the Week: Having my first baby shower was very exciting! A lot of my awesome friends were able to come and we had a great time! We also got some very cute and necessary stuff for the baby so that was great too!

What I am Missing this Week: This week I am missing being able to sleep like I used to. The baby is kicking all the time now, especially in the evenings when I lay down. He is kicking so hard now that my stomach moves all the time. When I lay down to go to sleep he kicks super hard and its so hard to fall asleep like that. He even wakes me up at night with his kicks!

Symptoms this Week: The baby's extra hard and frequent kicks have really started more this week. Also, I'm getting to the point where I'm uncomfortable most of the time. Its hard to stand or sit for too long.

Obsessions this Week: We received some great gifts at the baby shower and I am having so much fun finding places for them in the nursery. I hope we can put together our big gift this weekend!

Message to the Baby: Baby, we love you so much! We learned so much about you at our class and we can't wait to see what new challenges you give us when you get here. Hopefully we are prepared!!

No comments:

Post a Comment