Sunday, March 13, 2011

32 Weeks...Riegerix Baby Shower

This was a really hard week, but it had nothing really to do with pregnancy. Lots of things have been happening at work that have been really stressful and this week was just awful. I'm hoping things start to look up at work soon. (Even if they don't I'm going to have a few months "vacation" coming up soon and I can't wait!) I am super excited to be moving along in my pregnancy though. Can't believe we are at 32 weeks of pregnancy. I think the combination of being stressed out and crazy busy at work with me being pregnant really created an emotional situation this week. I was upset and crabby and mad and frustrated all at the same time. But my friends and family were all there to support me and listen to my complaining and that helped a lot! I also had a really fun baby shower to look forward to this weekend!!

This Saturday was the baby shower that Steve's mom, Gabby, and our sister-in-law, Meghan threw for us. It was such a blast!! I am going to put up a separate post about that but lets just say it really helped to improve my mood, lots of our family and friends came out, and both Steve and I had so much fun! We are so grateful to all the work and planning Gabby and Meghan put into the shower. They did an amazing job!

This week the baby is working hard on gaining weight. Hhe is gaining about 1/2 pound a week now! They say that during the next 7 weeks he will gain about 1/3 of his birth weight. Wow! Get big and healthy, baby! (But not too gigantic, that is scary!!) Here's what he looks like now:

Exciting Moment of the Week: Definitely the baby shower! I had so much fun and it was so great to see lots of our friends and family! We feel so blessed to have so much support.

What I am Missing this Week: I'm not really missing anything this week except maybe a little more order and tranquility at my job. I really hope this stressful time is winding down!

Symptoms this Week: This week is the first week that it has really felt cramped up high near my lungs. I have had a hard time getting a deep breath and that has been kind of frustrating. I guess the baby is growing now and really taking up all the room he can!

Obsessions this Week: I don't want to give too much away but I am totally obsessed with our cloth diapers we got at our showers! More on that later...

Message to the Baby: Baby, you would not believe all the wonderful family and friends you have in this world. Tons of people came out to see you and celebrate getting ready for you to be born. You are very lucky already!

No comments:

Post a Comment