Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Couponing Update and Awesome Target Haul

My enthusiasm has been waning for couponing lately. I still do it but I've started to find it really time consuming and not that much of a pay off. The first month I did it, I cut out every-stinking-coupon and that was a huge waste of time! I ended up taking out all the coupons from my binder the next month and that really sucked! So I'm not doing it that way again....I have devised what I think is a better system and it seems to be working so far.

I've also been frustrated in general with the lack of great deals in our area. Like I mentioned before, Schnucks only doubles coupons $.40 and lower so it makes it really hard! They only double 15 coupons per transaction too. Plus we are paying for papers every month. But anyways, last week some really great deals came up at Target and it totally renewed my excitement about couponing! I was able to score an awesome haul with not too much prep time. So I think my new system works!

So at Target this week I saved 59%! Can you believe it!?! That is so awesome for me. I got some great deals. I was proud of myself. The transaction would have been $106.74, but with coupons it was only $44.47! Check out this receipt!


So for $44.47 I got:
8 Bottles of Dove Shampoo/Conditioner
8 Bottles of Panetene Shampoo/Conditioner
4 Tubes of Crest 3D White Toothpaste
1 Rimmell Eyeshadow
2 Sally Hanson Nail Polish Colors
4 Packs of Extra Gum

AND! I got 2 gift cards for $5 each. (But they don't let you use those on that transaction, darn!)

This was my favorite part of the receipt:


Isn't that great! I'm proud of myself. I hope I can find more great deals like this! And I think we are good on shampoo for a while...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment