Saturday, October 22, 2011

Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe Review

Well, friends, I am sad to say I think the vegetarian thing is over. It has turned into more of a general effort of eating more fruits and vegetables. I am doing really good on that! I have been trying to make more vegetarian meals for us, but I'm just not sticking to a strict diet. In that spirit, I made a really yummy recipe this week.

It was Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups. I got the recipe here. It is a really neat blog with all kinds of "skinny" recipes. This recipe was pretty easy to make too. I made a few minor changes to the recipe. I used whole wheat lasagna noodles and cottage cheese (with a little mozzarella mixed in) instead of the ricotta cheese for the stuffing. Here is the modified recipe I used:

Ingredients:
9 lasagna noodles cooked and patted dry
10oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
15oz cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
1 egg
32 oz marinara sauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine spinach, cottage cheese, 1/2 mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg in a medium bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Set that aside. Ladle marinara sauce to cover bottom of 9x12 baking dish.

Place cooked lasagna noodles on wax paper on counter. Take a good size spoonful of the cheese mixture and spread evenly over each lasagna noodle. Carefully roll each noodle up and place seam side down on backing dish.

Ladle sauce over noodles in dish and top each dish with a little mozzarella cheese. Place foil over baking dish and bake in over for about 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for the last 5 minutes to brown cheese slightly.

Enjoy!


The Roll Ups turned out really well! Steve said they were delicious. I enjoyed them too.  See how yummy they looked! (You can tell they are good because half the pan was gone before I remembered to take a picture!) ha ha!


This recipe went over really well at our house. The leftovers are even gone, so you know that's a good one! 

2 comments:

  1. Do you make an recipes that you don't like??? Those look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do make recipes and end up not liking them sometimes...just not lately! I'm sure that will happen at some point.

    ReplyDelete