Sunday, October 2, 2011

Veggie Lasagna Recipe Review

A recipe that I recently tried was a Veggie Lasagna recipe I got from Jordan. She and Kim made it for a family gathering and it was so yummy and packed full of veggies that I had to try it! I was nervous I wouldn't be able to do a good job, but man it was so good! The recipe is super easy too, its just time consuming. But the end result was totally worth it!

Look at how yummy it looks:



Veggie Lasagna ala Jordan and Kim

Ingredients:
Chopped veggies (I used zucchini, red/yellow peppers, shredded carrots, onions, garlic, mushrooms)
Fresh Spinach (I forgot to get this so I didn't put it in, but I'm sure it would be awesome.)
Your favorite marinara sauce (I used 2 jars of Ragu sauteed onions and garlic)
Lasagna noodles (boil or no boil, if you use noodles that need boiling obviously boil them first :)
Cottage Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese
2 Eggs
Spices of your choosing (I used Thyme, Italian Seasoning, Oregano and Garlic Salt)

Directions:
Chop up all the veggies and saute them on medium low just to get some of the juice out and get them to a nice texture. Drain the liquid.
Mix together the cottage cheese, eggs and spices. Set aside.
Layer in baking pan:
Layer of marinara sauce
Layer of noodles
Layer of the cottage cheese mixture (spread evenly)
Layer of fresh spinach
Layer of all the veggies you sauteed
Layer of Mozzarella/Parmesan and any other cheese you like
Keep layering like that until you fill up the pan. It only took me 1 time through to fill mine up!
Cover with foil and bake in 350 oven for about 45 mins. Broil for the last few minutes to brown the top cheese.

This was so delicious I can't even say enough. It tastes awesome and has so many great veggies in it! You really can't taste the individual veggies, but they make such a great flavor and texture that it is just amazing. You don't even miss meat at all or the heavy cheese. The cottage cheese mixture is awesome in this too. It was delicious. I think the whole pan was gone in about 3 days at our house! ha! So yummy!! Thanks again for the recipe, Jordan and Kim! We will definitely be making this again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment