Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December has been...

CRAZY! We have been keeping so busy this month, I've hardly had any time for blogging. So how about some updates:

  • A few weekends ago we decorated our house for Christmas. It was so much fun! We've been so busy that I thought we might not get around to decorating this year but I'm so glad we did. Steven still looks in awe at the Christmas tree every night when we turn it on. We had some help on the outside from my parents and it looks great!
  • We haven been getting ready for Steven's first Christmas and we couldn't be more excited! Its so much fun having him around this Christmas. It makes everything more special. I can't wait to see how he does this year and see him experience everything for the first time.
  • Steven finished his semester of school recently and has a month off! That is so awesome! Its been so great to have him home in the evenings lately. We have gotten to enjoy spending time with Steven together and eating dinner together. Wonderful! I can't wait until he is done with school (2 more semesters).
  • I mentioned earlier that I got a new job. I started it a few weeks ago and its going great so far. It actually also came with my own office in a brand new building so that's been nice! I'm just learning and getting acclimated to my new position, but so far I like it. (Still waiting for my first paycheck with my raise on it...;)
  • On a personal note, I've been really challenged by some of my friendships lately. I think some times people take for granted how much work it is to be a friend to someone through a hard time. Of course, "that's what friends do" and I'm not complaining about that, just that its not always easy. And my friendships have actually taken up a lot of my emotional energy and time lately just trying to figure out how to best support my friends.
  • Steve and I have been going through a transition lately as well. He got a great internship at Monsanto starting in his last semester, which will be June. It comes with a pretty decent pay for an intern and hopefully he can turn it into a full time job. But until that time, he is still unemployed. His benefits are getting close to running out and he's had a really hard time trying to find a job. So that's been a struggle for us lately.
  • Well those last 2 were sort of a downer so lets end on a positive note...our baby boy is growing like crazy! He is getting so big and has such an amazing personality. He makes me smile everyday! We got some pictures taken of him for Christmas and they are adorable!
  • That's all for now! Several posts in the works so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment