Saturday, December 10, 2011

In the Works

I've been on a massive DIY kick lately. I've gotten lots of inspiration from Pinterest and other places to start trying some decorating, organzing and other projects around our house. I've got a few projects in the works and thought I'd let you know what I'm working on (full posts to come later).

I've started this project a few weeks ago and have yet to figure out how I want to finish it. It took a lot longer than expected to get the materials and find a color that was just right, etc. So I'm not exactly happy with it yet...But hopefully it turns out looking something like this:


I also started working on this project but ran out of toilet paper rolls to make it as big as I want. So I'm waiting (lol) for more and will finish it later.


Some other art projects I want to make for our house: this, this and this.



I viewed a few tutorials for how to make those roses on the pillows and I really think I can do that, so I plan to start working on that one soon. And how easy is that adorable wall art above? That will probably only take a few hours.

I also want to make some shades for our dining room windows. The valances up there now are hidious and dirty and left over from the people before us. I was thinking of making some faux roman shades like this.



I've been thinking a lot about how to best use our "planning" space in our kitchen. We've got a nice little nook with shelves and almost a desk-like feel in the corner of our kitchen. We've also got a major problem with mail, papers and stuff piling up in the upstairs so we need an organizing solution. I was thinking about something like this. Wouldn't it be fun to have a family organization/messaging center right there? Then we could have a place for all our mail (incoming and outgoing), schedule, grocery lists, coupons, etc, etc.



Along the same theme, I was thinking of using some of the shelves above this space in our kitchen to organize paperwork. We have a couple filing cabinets downstairs but papers just pile up down there and sit on our kitchen counter forever before finally getting moved downstairs. I had something in mind like this. Isn't that pretty? and organized?


So I'm working towards a solution in that area but it will probably have to wait until after the holidays because there are so many fun, holiday crafts I want to do!

Speaking of holiday crafts here are a few I'm planning (hoping) to get done in the next few weeks, here, and here 



Some longer term projects I want to do include some handprint art in Steven's bedroom. Everyone else has something handmade in there and he should too! Wouldn't one of these look so cute in there? Maybe the crab or octopus? That will probably be a fun and messy project!
Of course I have a couple other projects up my sleeve but those are secret! :) Happy DIYing!

1 comment: