Sunday, January 15, 2012

Book Review: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo


I finally took the plunge and read this book. Its been all over in the past year, and everyone says how great it is. They made a movie, of course. So when the book went on sale at Target I picked it up and thought I'd see how it was.

I thought this book was surprisingly hard to get into at first. It was very dense and confusing and written in a Swedish dialetc with Swedish names that were not easy to remember. It really took me by surprise how hard this book was to get into since it was so mainstream. After the first 3 chapters I thought about quitting but kept going because everyone I talked to said it was a good story. I did end up liking the book but getting past the beginning was brutal!

I thought overall the story was pretty disturbing. It was a mystery that had a very eerie feeling to it the entire time. I kept feeling like something was about to happen. All the characters were so creepy, you just knew one of them was up to something!

I would say that I enjoyed the book overall. I am going to read the next 2 in the series just because I have them, I probably wouldn't purchase them to read. It was an enjoyable book but again, I like happy endings :) I wouldn't necessarily recommend it as much as everyone I talked to did. I think it was a pretty good story, but the book was really hard to get into and pretty creepy overall. I think it probably makes for a great movie though, we'll add that one to the list to see still!

No comments:

Post a Comment