Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Book Review: The Girl Who Played with Fire


This is the second book in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Series (its also called the Milennium Series) by Stieg Larsson. If you read my review of the first book, it was lukewarm. But the end of the first book was the best part and it left you on a little bit of a cliff hanger. Since I already had access to this book on my kindle, I figured why not keep reading it. Well, I am so glad that I did!

The second book of the series is so much better than the first in my opinion. It was very exciting from start to finish. I literally could not put it down. I think I read the entire book in a week! That is very fast for me with work and Steven.

The second book goes into more detail about the main characters, Lisbeth and Mikael from the first book. Their relationship has changed and you learn a little bit about that. You finally get some background on Lisbeth, which has been so mysterious until now. Then you find out that Mikael is onto another big story with his magazine. But in the middle of researching this story, there is a triple murder and Lisbeth is the main suspect! At that same moment her narration of the story drops off so you are left wondering, where did she go? Did she do it? Is she ok?

It was a very exciting book and I really enjoyed reading it. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. You don't even have to read the first book to understand this one, I think. Its a great read.  I hope they make a movie of this one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment