Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January Fav Raves

I'm going to feature a "favorite things" post every month on my blog. I wish I could be like Oprah and give all my favorite things out free to my blog readers...but unfortunately I'm not that cool. I'm going to try to do 5 each month but who knows, it may be more or may be less. So here's what I'm loving this month:


Skinny jeans and boots! I am in love with this look! I have been wearing them a lot this winter and just love how they look. Its a look I didn't think I would be able to pull off but I tried it on a few times and loved it! I have 2 pairs of boots I wear this winter and 3 pairs of skinny jeans! Woot!


Steve and I had a date night a few weekends ago and this is what I wore. He said I looked hot. Thanks, hubby. Don't mind the weird eyes, its a phone picture.



I am looooooving my new Coach purse this month! Steve got me a gift card to coach for my birthday, back in August. At first I was a little confused because even though I am a total fashonista, I have never really asked for a Coach purse and never really carried a designer handbag (knockoffs of designers, yes, but never the real thing!) So when he got me a big gift card to the Coach store, I was very surprised and also a little perplexed. I could tell he was trying to be thoughtful but I was more than a little worried about spending that much money on a purse!

So we went to the mall to pick one out but I really couldn't find anything that I LOVED (and for that money you better believe I'm not getting something that is eh). So I've been holding onto the gift card forever! Last weekend I was at the mall with my mom and found my new love. Isn't she beautiful? That purse was meant for me. Its sparkly, shiny and in purple! Thanks again, hubby.


I'm loving all these new babies being born and all my prego friends! I have a ton of friends who are prego right now and one that just had a baby last week! I'm so excited for all of them. Of course, every time I talk to one of them or hear about their life it makes me think back to when I was prego with Steven or when I just had him. That's one of the best times in my life! So special. Good luck all you ladies having babies...you'll need it! ;)


Since Steve and I don't have cable anymore I am having to be creative in the shows that I watch. We have Hulu Plus now which has a ton of shows on it, just not necessarily the ones that I'm used to watching. Well I found a gem on there that I am really loving....Mercy. Has anyone else seen this show? Its really great. Its like ER with lots of love and sex so I guess that makes it like Grey's Anatomy? Its about a Veteran too which makes me happy. Totally recommend it.


The last thing I've been loving this month is my mom's hand-me-down Kindle 2. She actually gave it to Steve for Christmas but I stole it (he never uses it!). Its great! I really wasn't sold on the whole E Reader thing but I really am enjoying the Kindle. Its an older model so no touch screen or apps or anything cool like that but I really enjoy reading books on it. It keeps your place, which is really useful and also fits neatly in my purse.  Also, it came with all 3 of the books on the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series loaded on it and I was already reading those, so its been great. Thanks again hubby!



I guess I should put Steve as one of my favs this month since he's gotten a mention in almost all of them! ha ha!! What are you guys loving this month? I guess January's almost over so I'll try to be more punctual with my February Fav Rave.

No comments:

Post a Comment