Monday, January 3, 2011

22 Weeks

The second trimester is just flying by, I am already done with 22 weeks. In a month I'll be in the third trimester. Crazy! I know I say that every time but it really is crazy how fast this pregnancy is going by. The second trimester has been awesome. I have felt great and except for being tired don't have too many symptoms. I have also had a great time getting ready for the baby. Now I am actually looking pregnant and feeling the baby kick and that is so exciting! This week I got my first "stranger comment". We were at Arby's and the guy taking our order asked when I was due. It really took me by surprise. I mean I know I look pregnant and I'm sure everyone knows I'm pregnant too but someone actually commented...weird!


In other news this week, we bought a crib! I have been debating for weeks (and weeks) about what kind to get and safety features vs price, etc, etc, etc. I was really driving myself crazy. And then Steve threw his opinion into the mix and that complicated things. Also, we had previously purchased a great changing table/dresser combo from Craigslist for an awesome price. I loved it but we couldn't' find a crib that was the same color wood to match and that was driving me bonkers!

This week we were able to finally find a crib that we both loved and was rated high on safety and was at a decent price. We got the matching dresser/changing table and just gave up on trying to match the wood to the dresser we had previously bought. So hopefully, we can sell that at some point. Anyway it is very exciting to have the nursery furniture. Steve is going to pick it up this week and I can't wait to see how it looks in the nursery!


We also repainted the nursery this weekend. We just didn't like the first color we painted it (neon green that I swear was a sweet and light green on the color swatch) and decided to go with something lighter. It has been a long journey picking the paint color of the nursery and it is 100% my fault. I am the worst at making big decisions like that and I am also the worst at picking paint colors (I had Steve paint his old house trim blue with brown brick, it was awful.) But I think the color we have now is great. It is a really light, soft blue. I didn't really want blue and I definitely didn't want baby blue but this is a nice shade of grey-blue and it will really compliment anything we put in there. (I do have to give the credit for picking the color to Steve. I couldn't take it anymore and made him pick and he did a great job!) He also had to paint and prime the room 2 times so I really have to give him a big shout out for being such an amazing and understanding Hubby. I will put up some pictures of the nursery's progress as we get more done in there.


This week the baby is weighing about a pound. That's a big deal! He is also looking more like an infant with his eyelids, lips and eyebrows developing on his little face. He is also developing tooth buds beneath his gums. He is also beginning to develop his pancreas this week. Very important stuff, little guy! The baby is looking like this:

Not sure why he's upside down...I guess he's just swimming around in there. I think he is developing his leg muscles because he has been kicking like crazy! Its getting more intense so I'm thinking Steve will be able to feel it soon. I can't wait for that.

Exciting Moment of the Week: Definitely buying the crib. It was such a load off our shoulders. Plus we were able to get something much nicer than we thought we could and for a great price! I can't wait till that sucker gets delivered and we can set it up!

What I am Missing this Week: This weekend was New Years and I am missing booze. I know its sad and I shouldn't be missing it, but I am. It is no fun to be the only sober one..oh well I'm sucking it up! :)

Symptoms this Week: Like I said before, nothing really major. Just enjoying this second trimester and hoping it doesn't get too bad for the third one!

Obsessions this Week: The nursery! The crib and the paint and the bedding..oh my! ha ha! Its actually really fun to pick out that stuff but its also really overwhelming and stressful. It is great to get some of it accomplished.

Message to the Baby: Baby, we are working hard on your nursery. I hope you like it! I made your daddy paint the walls twice! He didn't like that at all! But he did it and he is so excited about meeting you soon. We both are!

1 comment:

  1. why didn't you just paint the old changing table instead of matching the wood? It could have been a fun orange color in the room or darker blue or white something fun... but I'm sure whatever you did pick is great too

    ReplyDelete