Wednesday, January 26, 2011

25 Weeks...Seeing Kicks!

This was kind of a crazy week because I was traveling for work. I was by myself on the trip too so that was a new experience. But it wasn't bad at all. I kind of liked being by myself at the conference and not having to worry about what other people would think or want me to do. For example I did not feel guilty at all being on facebook during the day at the conference. :) It wasn't too lonely either because I worked long days and pretty much just crashed in my hotel room at night. I did go out exploring one night and that was kind of fun too.


Anyway, being alone on the trip also gave me plenty of time to talk to my belly! ha ha! It gave me and the baby a chance to bond. One super cool thing that came out of that was I saw the baby kicking in my stomach! It was so crazy! One night I was in my hotel room in Salt Lake City and reading a book when I saw my belly move under my shirt! I was like "What?!" so I lifted up my shirt and sure enough, he was kicking and I could see it. It was the craziest thing. I couldn't wait to get home and show Steve. It was subtle, but I could definitely tell when the baby was kicking. So exciting!!!


This week the baby is gaining weight and is about 1.5lbs! The website says he is the size of a rutabaga! ha! That is probably one of my favorite fruit/vegetable comparisons yet. The baby's skin is also starting to smooth out this week. The info for this week says that if the baby is born at this point he would have a chance to survive. Crazy. I mean I hope and pray that doesn't happen but its crazy to think that he is big enough and could possibly survive at this point. Here's what the baby is looking like now:So this week the baby had his second ride in a plane and I think he did great! Of course he was kicking me the entire time but I'm not to the point where its too uncomfortable. It was super cool to be able to see his kicks this week and I look forward to more of that! When I finally got home I made Steve try and try to see his kicking and he finally did! It was so great! He was excited about it too. One time he laid his head on my belly and right at that moment the baby kicked! (and kicked him square in the cheek!) too funny!!

Exciting Moment this Week: Obviously seeing the baby kicks while I was in Salt Lake was crazy exciting! It was also super exciting for Steve to be able to finally feel and see the baby kicks.

What I am Missing this Week: This week I was missing being able to eat lunch meat. I know some people think I'm crazy but they recommend you don't eat too much lunch meat when you're pregnant to avoid getting listeiosis. Here's a link to an article so you don't think I'm completely insane. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listeriosis But anyways a turkey or club sandwich used to be my go to food before I got pregnant. So while on travel it was kind of hard to find other things I wanted to eat off the hotel menu. I so badly wanted a club sandwich but I had to try other things instead. It worked out ok though.

Symptoms this Week: Pretty much the same symptoms as last week. I've been feeling really tired in the evenings, especially after a long day. The baby is still kicking a ton at night when I'm trying to sleep but I'm not sure if that really counts as a symptom of pregnancy, maybe more of a side effect ;)

Obsessions this Week: I guess I've been obsessed with seeing the baby kicks. I've probably spent way too much time watching my belly lately. Its just so neat!

Message to the Baby: Baby, we cannot believe that we can actually see you kicking inside of me now! It is the best thing. You keep on kicking, buddy, because that way I know you are ok and doing great in there. We love you and can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment